Recording Snakes

seryozha

Man, so i've been looking around for a custom length recording snake. I need a 40 foot 24 channel Trs-Trs (Males)recording snake....how hard would it be to do on my own? Or is there a known place that can make one for me? Ive contacted Gepco and Hotwired with no replies. Or is there maybe a TRS cable that is 35' to 45'? is this even possible ?(the difficulty of finding one leads me to think it might not be an easy thing to do/have)

thanks

You need to buy the cable or the snake in bulk, and then purchase the necessary hardware. It's not very hard if you know how to solder. If you don't know how to solder then you will know when you finish.

A lot of people will say it's not any cheaper to DIY than to buy one, but it is if you consider that you can updgrade your components...like mogami cable, neutrik connectors, etc., and pay the same price as a lesser snake would be. It's good experience also.

Go to www.redco.com and www.triktags.com. You'll be able to find everything you need.

I bought a 50 ft. 12-channel TRSMale-TRSMale from Sweetwater, who ordered it from Proco. This was custom made and took about a week to get.

I wasn't particular about the cable and connectors used, but I'm happy with the product. The cost was $180.00.

Back