Recording Setup Questions.

Tharin2002

Allright, I've been dabbling with computer recording for awhile and I'm really interested... I'll be going to Full Sail college in Florida to major in recording actually... but for now, I'm trying to build a decent portable recording setup for my band and others in the area. I'm interested mostly in having a setup that I can take to shows and set up without alot of hassle. The kind of recording is alot of Acoustic/Vocal to 3 or 4 piece punk bands and on up to 7 or 8 piece ska bands. The ska bands put a big tax on the number of channels I need, but I can always get by with less, I was thinking 8 to 10 simultaneous tracks. What I need to know is what kind of equipment and how I should set it up. My current equipment includes several Behringer dynamic mics, a Behringer B-2 condensor mic, a 16 channel peavey mixer. My computer is a custom built AMD 2200+ with 512MB of DDR2700 ram, 60GB IDE100 HD, and on board sound. It's running XP currently but I have alot of knowledge in Linux and dual booting if that setup would work better. Macs are something I don't know alot about but am willing to learn if the difference in recording is good enough. I am thinking of building a laptop for my recording setup but I would like to use my current computer for awhile too. What I'm basicly looking for is a list of possible equipment and a general idea of how it works. Any links to websites that will help explain it would be great. Also, I don't use any MIDI. Thanks in advance.

Back