recording setup(dummy asking)

curiousgeorge

Hey guys
i hope ive got the right section im really new to this so please be gentle my equipment consists of desktop pc, Alto ZMX 122 mixer, stompbox pedals, casio keyboard ,guitar 2 guitar amps.What im trying to achieve is i want to run everything into my mixer including pedals get rid of pc speakers and use the 2 guitar amps instead of .I hope this is clear enough

You should have posted this in the Newbie forum....this is the studio building forum.

Anyway...so to be clear, you want to use your guitar amps in place of the PC speakers to monitor your mixes???
Kinda' odd...but not impossible...you just have to convert the output signal from the mixer to instrument/guitar level for the guitar amps.

Mainly because guitar amps and speakers are not neutral.
They do not carry all frequencies and dont carry much over 7 or 8khz.
They will affect the sound and you will make bad judgements.

You need a pair of studio monitors.

You have 2 different pairs of Output on your mixer if im correct, one says: "MIX output" and the other one "Control Room Output"
You also have PHONES output,
simply dedicate left and right channels of one of these out puts to your 2 amps.
Do you have an interface? (a device that connects your inputs such as quarter inch and XLR and etc... to PC using USB or Firewire)
If you dont, and you just want to record for fun, one inexpensive way is to get a Quarter Inch to Aux cable, and basically connect your mixer to your PC from the line in input or MIC input on your PC sound card , ( the back of your computer or sometimes front)
If you want to record with a good quality, you need to get an interface...
let me know if you need more info on interfaces

Back