Recording S/PDIF signal into Audiophile24/96

brainofj

I am using an Audiophile 24/96 on my pc with CubaseVST5. I followed the instructions in the Audiophile booklet to record an S/PDIF signal, the only difference being the signal is coming from a behringer v-amp pro. This worked fine, but when i play back the signal there was no sound, until i went into the patchbay router and changed the setting from S/PDIF In to WavOut 1/2. By doing this it allows me to work in full duplex. Is this the correct way? According to the instructions for the Audiophile i should have S/PDIF In selected in the patchbay router. This is the only change i made from the way they show in the manual, and it seems to work, but will it be an S/PDIF signal i have recorded?

You have to instruct the AP to record from the spdif input.
If your using gear that outputs in digital then yes, it will be.

I think your best bet is to select the monitor mixer to outputs 1 & 2 in the patchbay. Then you can listen to your v-amp and recorded tracks at all times. Provided you record from the s/pdif input in Cubase for your v-amp, and switch to the analog ins for everything else, you should be fine. This should save you the bother of ever having to open the Delta panel except to switch to external s/pdif clock when the v-amp's plugged in.
I'm assuming you have your monitors running off the cards analog 1 & 2 outs.

S/PDIF

Yes, my monitors are connected to the hardware analog outs. I am recording in the way you have told me, so i guess this must be correct. Thanks for your help.

Back