Recording my strat issue

LeeJ

Using my Roland VS1680 I recorded my country band minus the vocals & lead guitar (me).
We put the vocals on after, not a problem but now I've come to record my lead guitar work and if I plug the strat direct into the VS it sounds really harsh and un-natural. I've tried using a Line6 POD v2.0 but it was rubbish.

Do I have to wheel my Fender twin into my home studio and issue the neighbours with an 'apology for the noise' letter?

I listen to pro recordings by George Strait. He has Brent Mason playing lead for him and the sound of the guitar is wonderful. How does he get that sound?? Is he using a miked up combo or what??

help please.

Mic the amp Weedhopper. True happiness comes from a mic in front of a good sounding amp. I have all the modelers out there and they have their place sometimes, but nothing beats a good mic in front of a good amp (except maybe a better player :D ).

Number one....... Brent Mason could make a 2x4 sound good.
Number two....... If you want a great sound and the recordings are important to you.. go the extra mile and mic your cab.

Number three... I have got some good sounds out of the POD but not too much in the way of a Brent Mason Tele sound..

If you have a decent amp... I would mic it...

And to get the best tone I'll have to turn it up too!! What a bummer.

I'll be best putting the twin with mics in one room and sitting with headphones on in another room?

Just set the mic up on the cab and throw a couple of blankets over the whole thing. Put some headphones on and go at it.

Back