Recording my guitar with line in

The Corsairs

hi there... i am new to this board and for that reason i am going to ask a question that is probably asked once a day at least... i want to record my voice, guitar, drums and the other stuff into my computer through the line in on my soundcard. my card is a sounblaster live froma couple of years ago... i know its not ideal for recording, but i dont care, it can do it and is sounds better than my analogue 4 track... anyhow, so far i have playing my guitar through my amp and than micing the amp and running that mic in to the line-in on teh back of the sound card.. when i have the speakers on i can hear the guitar being played into the computer, but when it comes to recording in cakewalk, i dont get anything recorded... i will soon be gettinga 12 channel mixer that i ordered from zzsounds, but until that comes, and still when that gets here, what is a solution to how to make my sound recording work?... i know its not tooo faint, its just liek the soundcard recording capabilities are being bypassed... so, after that mouthfull, thanks and any help is warmly accepted.

-the corsairs

Check to see if your windows mixer is set up correctly. In Start,>Programs,> accesories,> Entertainment, there is a windows sound recorder. Try recording into that. If that doesn't work, go to the little yellow icon bottom right on your tool bar, double click and make sure your "line in" is unmuted, along with the Play Control. Go to Properies, check the box for Recording and make sure your "line in " is there and checked. If its not there, add it from the drop down list of modules. Hint: you can get both ecord and playback windows open at once by selecting the yellow speaker icon twice and then selecting one of the mixer windows as the Recording window. You will have to drag one of the mixers cos the second one is placed over the first, thereby hiding it. Its a Windows Design Feature;) :(

Back