recording multiple tracks

smythology

I have version 9.03...

This is such a simple recording problem but I'm baffled. I recorded guitar on track one. (No MIDI...just used my soundcard as input and output) Now I want to record vocals on track 2 while hearing track 1 so I know when to sing. However, when I record track 2 while hearing 1, it will record 1 onto 2, and I dont want it to do that because I want to expiriment with individual effects on different tracks.

robin

Or perhaps you have the wrong input selected in the Windows Mixer. You should have selected Line In, or Mic In - depending on what input you are physically connecting to. It sounds you might have selected "What U Hear" or "Stereo Mix" instead. In that case, you will record anything that passes through your sound card.

Open the Windows Mixer and select Options>Properties>Recording and check only the one correct input.

If you do the above and still you get bleeding. Try soloing <--(is that a word) track 1 and recording on track 2. Not sure if that would make it pointless to record or not. Haven't recorded for awhile :confused: .

Back