Recording more that one MIDI channel at a time

Zeekle

Hi all

The title says it all really.

Can anyone tell me if its possible to record MIDI data to more than one channel at a time.
Such things as vol, pan etc

I'm using Cubase VST. The MIDI data is to help automate my mixes on my Digital recorder. At present I am recording one channel at a time.

All replies gratefully received

Zeek

Hi all

The title says it all really.

Can anyone tell me if its possible to record MIDI data to more than one channel at a time.
Such things as vol, pan etc

I'm using Cubase VST. The MIDI data is to help automate my mixes on my Digital recorder. At present I am recording one channel at a time.

All replies gratefully received

Zeek

Hmm... its been a while since I've used Cubase VST, but you should be able to record all 16 midi tracks into one track into cubase then go to "Dissolve Parts" and it will split everything out for you.

Rename the tracks and volia.

Cheers for that - I thought I'd just asked the dumbest question ever. I appreciate the VST is an old version but it does what I need so no need to change.

I thought I might try to use a Korg Nano Kontrol to go into Cubase and record the vol / pan part of the mix as I automate, but its only worth it if I can do more than one channel at a time - otherwise I'll just continue doing as I have been, one channel at a time.

Once again, my humble thanks

Zeek

No prob...

yea midi comes up to 16 channels... so I would just record your whole track into cubase the dissolve parts and then you'll have to match up the parts with the channel... from there you'll have everything laid out for you...

as for using the Nano.. as long as Cubase recognizes it, you should be solid and it will serve as your external midi mixer. I would have to read up on how you assign channels and etc but i know you can...

Cheers Dred,

I'll give it a whirl and see what happens. you have definately shed some light on my automation wishlist.

Many thanks

Zeek

Back