Recording misery! never again !

RobertPhilbeck

Here as we wrap up a three month process of recording 5
songs (4 songs since i recently learned the hard way that there is a difference between "Optimize", and "Initialize"). As a bonus kick in the balls, 3 months after plunking down $950.00 for the 840EX, it drops to $799.99 and has an upgrade issued for $999.99.
Anyhoo, I would like to thank all of you here, and at the VS-Planet for helping me out and answering questions. I really would have given up if it hadnt been for your help.
The results of the Demo are satisfying, and we got it done and are very much ready to get back n the rehearsal spot and work on old songs, and write new ones.
Never, ever ever again will I attempt to play engineer and try to record a band again! I have suffered so much in my songwriting and musicianship because my focus has been
on learning the engineering side.
However, i dont regret it a bit. The experiance has taught us a lot about recording, and I think that in the future when we record in the studio, our understanding of whats happening will make us more effective when communicating with the engineer. I think thats a vital element in getting the sound you want.
The heart of the matter is that we are songwriters, and musicians. If we are making effort to be engineers, managers, or full-time producers than I feel we are not givng 100% to being musicians. For us its best to let someone else handle those areas, and we will concentrate on music. Of course we will concentrate on the business too if w ever want to make a living at it.
Well its off to ebay to sell this stuff, and a new Martin guitar , pencil, and note pad will be a nice replacement

That, that is

Get used to it -

Price drops are the beginning of your downfall.

Where and when do we draw the line ?

The line has been jaded, and set askew by new technologies.

Do we hold it forever in our hearts, or share it with the entire world ? I cannot say.

I am first and foremost a musician and secondly, a half assed enginner. And somewhere in between I keep that, that that is worth keeping.

So...Robert, when are you going to post your songs on the MP3 thread so we can hear the fruits of your labor?

Back