Recording makes a weird sound!

kkh961216

Hello,

I've been trying to record vocals with the following equipments:

-Akg c414
-Focusrite ISA one
-Saffire pro 24

------------------

When i record with the C414, with phantom power, it makes a background noise as recorded in the attachment (the sound seems to go away when i give it a loud input for some reason, or maybe i just dont hear the noise over the input)

The funny thing is, this problem does not occur when recording with my SM58

I would very much like to use my AKG as it sounds much better, but I cant seem to be able to use the recordings i do with it as it generates too much noise.

What would be a possible source of the noise and what can I do to remove it?

(I dont think its background noise, as other sounds such as footsteps from upstairs do not get recorded. Only when im talking directly into it. Also, the output level seems to be rather quiet)
View attachment mic noise.mp3

Sorry for the delay in response. First question, since the problem is almost certainly with phantom power (58 does not, 414 does): Which device are you using to provide the 48v? Preamp or interface?

My recordings often make weird sounds as well - as it turned out it was because I was making them. It's been much better since I worked that out...

Sounds like a "I've got the gain set too high" weird sound to me... basic noise floor stuff... describe the gain settings all along the chain into the PC..

Back