Anyone have a clue where I could get one of these,
and about how much, I'm in NY?

"RECORDING"

the sign you use to hang outside of the booth-- to notify people
when you are --RECORDING---

Cheap Light Trick

I made a "recording" light system.
:D Being a pack rat and electronics nut,
I always have a lot of junk laying around!

I used an old wallwart 12 Volt DC power transformer some speaker wire and two 12 Volt automotive clearance lights.
(Boy are they BRIGHT!) Any 12 volt lamp and socket will do, and car parts are very cheap....

On the computer I printed out "RECORDING" in BOLD lettering about 48 pt font (White letters on a black background rectangle)

When the lamp is on the light shines through the paper lighting up the word "RECORDING"

I also rigged up a microswitch so that when headphones are plugged in the studio monitor amp the lamps will light, since that is the time that you mostly wouldn't want some one to walk in and make noise. (Wearing headphones usuallys mean recording vocals or other instruments that are miked.)

DOM

:p

sjoko2 said:
I've got a good alternative, its called a lock on the door;)

Hey dude...Man listen to that..you hear that..Is that in the track?Ahh Sh@t dammit..Thats when that idiot was knockin on the door..Can we get rid of it?:p :p :p :D

Don

I use one of them hotel things you hang on the doorknob.

"Do not disturb"

Cheap, and does the trick......

Henri Devill said:

Hey dude...Man listen to that..you hear that..Is that in the track?Ahh Sh@t dammit..Thats when that idiot was knockin on the door..Can we get rid of it?:p :p :p :D

Don

;) the doors are double and soundproof :rolleyes: :D

Ive got one of those neon phones that can be set to flash the light on and off instead of ring. also the only time I am tracking is when the door is closed. Ill tend to leave it opened all other times because there is no vent.

You guys are funny

You guys are fa--reaaakin hilarious (h aha ha ha haha ah)

thanks anyway, I will contact the sites who: sjjohnston & son of mixerman stated

Back