recording level

Greg you have no Idea, Im there alright.

You have insulted me in every thread I posted. These are public forums.

I am more than happy to provide examples of these theories, and backed up facts.

I never used a 19 track mix down with noralization , how was I supposed to know it clipped? It did not clip a normalized 8 track DAW. See pic on page one. The only reason I normalized was to see the crossfadeing better.

What is meant by holding hand? You mean understanding the sides of the argument and finding the actual error occurring? Ya he's the F'n hand hold champion. Boulder is big too.

I never used a 19 track mix down with noralization , how was I supposed to know it clipped? .

Lol. You have no experience or knowledge of a certain aspect of digital recording, so you recommend it? This is what I'm talking about. Misinformation is a plague in these forums. You are spreading misinformation. Bad information. It's only fair for the good of the site that it gets pointed out. Read more, post less, but please ask questions if you need to.

Normalize to see crossfading better? Lol for real. I rest my case.

As for me "insulting" you, maybe that was a little hasty on my part. I apologize. I tried to help you, but you don't understand simple concepts and got stupidly defensive about it, so I just said fuck it. I just know your kind. I've been at this site for 7+ years. About once a month we get a cryptic weirdo with a weird chip on his shoulder and things get screwy. I call it an internet menstrual cycle, because like I said, it happens about once a month. Someone goes bananas. Don't be that guy.

What is meant by holding hand? .
Miro is holding your hand. I notice it because miro is usually one of the first and most frequent to argue someone to death. If you hadn't stroked his ego, he'd be all up in yo shit too. :laughings:

Last edited:
Normalization is obviously not misinformation. It worked perfectly in my instance with 8 tracks. Did it, in my picture , not do what the OP asked?

the bad part is . Now it is always like that.

Boulders argument for zoom would then be correct. Cause some would want to expand with more tracks.

I know the concepts of recording tone. Computers and formats will come in time.

Yes, the main use for normalizing is so you can see the crossfades better. :laughings: :laughings: :laughings:

Yes, you can see the pop of mic cable noise, and such during the take. Then Clip it out. You can fade it too, sure.

Are you just poking me, maybe you aren't understanding what I did? We already settled that zoom is the way and why. Right?

Mark,
If you need to normalise audio to make it look big enough on screen, you either

A: are zoomed out
B: recorded far too quiet in the first place.

Here pic.

The only track not normalized is the middle one. It is vastly easier to do all visual editing. We already covered why zoom is better, and I understand why. However, this does help see the track visualization, you have to admit. Im asking is there a more correct use of the function?
CAM00321.jpg

Last edited:
Lol. Okay then, keep on normalizing. Nevermind the simple zoom functions that literally every DAW has. Normalize everything so you can see it. It's a fucking stupid and foolish and asinine way to do what you're trying to do, but you go ahead cuz you got it all figured out! :laughings:

Note to others - don't do this.

If you hadn't stroked his ego, he'd be all up in yo shit too. :laughings:

But that cuts both ways....you like getting stroked too. ;)

I only debate to death certain topics that I find worth debating....like the whole preamp thread.
I "argue" rarely, and only in response. I've not really argued with Ethan in the preamp thread....we just disagree and keep debating.

This thread really isn't a "debate" or an "argument" AFA I'm concerned and my involvement in it. It's more about trying to sort out what Mark is saying in some of his posts, and how he's working within the DAW and viewing things, so I've seen no reason to get really into it with him yet about anything (debate or argument)...if that's what you mean by "holding his hand".

I'll check back later to see if this thread has evolved into a real debate about anything..... :)

Greg, this is your chance to say something. Are you going to use that just to poke people? Please refrain.

I am listening to all of your samples. If I didn't like what I heard, I would not respond to you. It does show effort and knowledge that you have invested, more so than poking people. That just fills up pages with garbage.

Farview, I cannot open your clips.

We already covered why zoom is better, and I understand why. However, this does help see the track visualization, you have to admit.

It does, but arguably cutting your arm off helps you lose weight.
You're unnecessarily modifying the audio just to be able to see it.

You're not wrong; It's just not the best/a good way to do things.

Right, right. I also, did not know this function was not in other DAWs. Reaper is the only one I have.

Wrong, honestly in reflection. Yes. I cannot undo it, and the more tracks I add . The more problem it will become.

But that cuts both ways....you like getting stroked too. ;)
No, praise is nice, but I prefer it when people talk shit. That let's you know where they're really at. And it's not just criticism that I like, it's how one delivers it. When someone talks noise as a reaction to getting butthurt, well, then that's the best kind. :D

I only debate to death certain topics that I find worth debating....like the whole preamp thread.
I "argue" rarely, and only in response. I've not really argued with Ethan in the preamp thread....we just disagree and keep debating.

This thread really isn't a "debate" or an "argument" AFA I'm concerned and my involvement in it. It's more about trying to sort out what Mark is saying in some of his posts, and how he's working within the DAW and viewing things, so I've seen no reason to get really into it with him yet about anything (debate or argument)...if that's what you mean by "holding his hand".

I'll check back later to see if this thread has evolved into a real debate about anything..... :)
Relax, I'm not arguing with you. I do believe I said I'm in 100% agrement with what you've said in this thread. :)

Back