Recording in Sound Forge 5

klytus

My Hammerfall card doesnt want to let me listen to what I'm recording in Soundforge.

I must be doing something wrong with the routing or something...

Can anyone help?

Thx
Klytus

Do you have the audio card selected within Sound Forge and
what outputs are using on the card? Analog or digital? What are
they patched to?

Under preferences/wave in Sound Forge I have selected :

Playback device:
DIGI9636 SPDIF out (works fine under Cubase)

Record Device:
DIGI9636 ADAT 1+2 in (also fine under Cubase)

The inputs are the AEB4/I analogue expansion board for the Hammerfal to which my keyboard is connected.

The SPDIF output hooks up to the digital coaxial input on my amp, and gives excellent sound under Cubase and Windows generally.

Best
Klytus

There is a way to select input monitoring in Sound Forge but I am not at my puter at the moment..I believe its on the same view that the the gauges are shown ...are you showing a level when
you arm Sound Forge?...I will be able to assist better when Im in front of the puter.......Do you have the AEB/4O expansion board? In the meantime..you might want to try and route it to the analog outs...If noone else chimes in to help..I,ll get back with u tonite

That'd be great, I'll wait with baited breath...

I dont have any anlogue outs, I just use the SPDIF out to my digital amp.

Thx
K

Well I gave it another try and not a peep.

Even with the 'monitor' box ticked I hear nothing, but have great healthy levels in the meter.

:(

Go to the RME control panel and make sure all sample rates match
and you are sync and make sure that in the monitoroing section that you are in the automatic postion if it is not there already...

Also try to play some previously recorded material through sound forge to see if its a input monitoring issue or a playback problem in itself..

Back