Recording in Nuendo with Q10 quit working today.

bradthefattest

Today I turned on my PC to record some, and Nuendo is messed up. When i plug in an instrument or mic into channel 3 it shows up in input 1 of nuendo, and 5 shows in input 3 of nuendo, and 1,2,4,6,7,8 arent working for all i know. I tried with the 7.04 driver for the direct pro Q10 and also the newest 7.13 driver. I have been recording with this exact same setup since summer. I dont know why it isnt working now.

any help would be appreciated.

-Brad

Computers and electronics have a tendancy to sometimes fail.
If you dont have any songs currently stored...then perhaps a reinstall will resolve the problem.

I totally agree. I am a computer repair technician. So i know how these things happen. But this is stumping me. I have already reinstalled Nuendo and the Direct Pro Q10. I am still working on trying some other things. I will reply if i fix it.

Double check your VST connections under VST multitrack settings.

sounds like your setting for input 1 is assigned to channel 3 of your aardvark

larry

already checked man, it is all set up correctly in VST inputs the inputs are set to have 1-8 enabled. But only 3-5-7 are working, 3 shows as 1, 5 shows as 3, and 7 shows as 5 when recording, and the others dont work.

Have you tried to reinstall the Q10 driver? I've had syncing and other problems and reinstalling the Q10 driver always seemed to work.

Under device setup is where you set up the inputs and outputs as visible.

Under VST connections is where you assign the inputs to the different Q10 inputs.

I'm sure you already checked this but I know this confused me for a while.

larry

other than that, reformat and reload.:( :( :(

yeah, i got everything set up correctly, thanks for all the help everyone, but i think something is just out of wack, i will probably just reformat. this is going to be fun, i have like 150 gigs of files i need to back up and nothing really to back up on, except an extra 20, 10, and 30 gig. guess i will have to delete 90 gigs.

Why not partition it with maybe 15gig for the windows files and just reformat that part while having the other for the stuff. So you dont need to get rid of anything.

because i already have everything on there, i cant repartition without getting rid of everything. I will probably do that this time, but it is too late now

Back