Recording in Cake 9 w TMD1000's internal EFX

C. Anthony

Hello I'm posting this private I sent to someone for all to view and possibly give me a helping hand with:

I'm quoting you below on one of your answers on the forum about the TMD-1000.

"It also has internal effects, which are OK, but work great for 'tracking' verbs and delays. (If the guitar player NEEDS a delay, and you're running low on DSP in the COMP)."

I hope you don't mind me asking you a question. I can get some nice [tmd1k] effects during a playback of a track (in MIX mode) but have never as yet been able to "print" onto my hard drive a track mixed with the Tascam (TMD1K) effects. I always end up using the Cake walk EFX and using too much CPU power. At this point I've assumed that unless I'm mixing to a MDM unit or some external unit that I can forget about using the EFX on the Tascam. ( I use the TMD1K as mixer with Soundscape Mixtreme as soundcard/recorder and Cakewalk as recording software as my recording setup) I WANT to use the Tascam efx but how do I get them onto my tracks?
OK.. I just tried it again just to make sure. While recording a vocal on channel 2 of the Tascam I selected the channel and set the vocal plate reverb. Then using the "param sel" button I moved the light to AUX and pumped up the efx on 1 and 2 so I could hear the reverb in my headphones. I recorded two tracks on Cakewalk once with the AUX in PRE and once in POST. Well the end result is still the same. Those tracks are dry as a bone. Do you have any tips on what if anything I'm doing wrong here?

Back