Recording headphone - Where should I start?

chaaaaaa

I need a good set of recording headphones. I do 99 per cent of my recording in Acid Pro 2.0.
I have a medium budget.
I work with a lot of electronic beats, but also some electric guitar. Are specific headphones I should be looking for?
What do you people suggest?

Thanks for your time!

You'll get a much more reproducible mix (on other systems) with stereo monitors as opposed to headphones.

But if you must use headphones, use a pair that will reduce ear fatigue. I recommend the Sony MDR-7506. ~$100.

Gesundheit!

As drstawl said, you should really invest in a pair of decent mixing monitors. I never use phones for mixdown, only when laying down initial tracks, and for that I use AKG k240 phones.

Mark

Yo CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa

CanSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS?

Aha. My favorite subject. I have several sets of cans in my studio but my favorites are the Bayer 250's. Nice sound; good field. However, I don't mix using cans. I am using a pair of those wonderful and low cost monitors, Yorkville YSM-1's. Also using the Yorkville Apex 430 mic.

Two extremely good products for the $$. But, as for cans, I'm sure you can do well with any mentioned above. Good cans give you an environment that is excellent to the ears; but, what you hear in the cans is not what you will get in the mix; hence, [I like that word] mixing with good monitors is what most folks do.

Keep your ears healthy; drink martinis.

Green Hornet

Back