recording guitar

thenextbigthing

I want to know how I can Record my guitar sound on to my computer and it not sound so shitty. I have this software (MIX CRAFT) and it sux. Is there any bad ass recording software that gets my almighty real guitar sound, instead of cheap Crappy poor recorded sound. Can anyone describe some of there ways, for an example, there setup they use to record music, and get great quolity sound.

acoustic? electric guitar?

moreover, the quality in you get from different recording software is neglegable. For starting out I'd recommend (and a lot of other people from here will to) you download Reaper, it free if you op to not pay the $50 after the 30 trial.

You ought not be posting the same question, oword for word, in a variety of forums. Be creative & use some rewording of the header & tailor the q. to suit the forum.

Are you micing the amp or trying to record dirrect? Most around here will agree that micing the amp will give you a better recorded guitar sound.

I think everyone here is willing to help but we need to know more about what you are trying to do before we can give an intelligent answer. Tell us the type of guitar and the type of music at a minimum. Know what equipment you have (mics, etc.) would be helpful also. We all started somewhere and sometime. Help us to give you a hand and we probably will.

double track that thang. pan both of the tracks hard left and hard right. i've found that's a perfect way to make your guitar tracks sound not shitty :)

the Basics...

if you are recording straight into your computers sound card through the "mic" input, there really is no way to fix it... try a pre-amp or a mixer into your line input... that's a start. A bit more info on your equipment will help narrow down the answer for you, and keep us from starting from scratch when it ain't needed.

Back