recording guitar rig with adobe audition/cool edit

mr.rudy

Hi. How do I record the sound that comes out of Guitar Rig in Adobe Audition? When I'm trying to do so, I only record the clean sound, although I hear the effects from the Rig in the speakers. I have an M-Audio Audiophile 2496 soundcard and a DMP3 pre-amp. There's no option 'record what u hear' - I think that 'master' performs this function, but still I can't record the effects.

As Guitar Rig is a VST, you´ll to Export the guitar track and then re-importing to your project... If you´re trying to save cpu resources you can use the function "freeze" (at least, that´s the name of the function on Cubase/Nuendo), which basically do the same thing.

Another you can do (but I think it´s less smart) it´s to run the output/cue mix of your soundcard to one input of the same card and record that... (but remember that you´ll be performing 2 DA AD more convertions...)

Just use the first option! :)

I want to play, hear what I'm playing and record it (with the Rig's effects) because only this way will I have full control over what I'm recording. Playing/recording clean is a little bit different and after processing it I will not get exactly what I want...but thanks anyway :)

rememeber I'm a newbie;) and I have no clue what you are talking about in the less smart option :) how do I export/import a guitar track to Guitar Rig? I used the monitoring function and still only dry sound recorded. People say that I should see Guitar Rig as a VST in Adobe Audition but I don't or I'm retarded and I can't find it...getting desperate

I´ll try to keep it simple...

Don´t worry about recording dry or wet... When you use a VST (like Guitar Rig), you´re always recording dry and applying the fx later... It´s the way it works.

If you HAVE to have a track mixed with the fx, you should export the guitar track and then reimporting it to the same project? Do you follow me?

I´m not familiar with Audition, but exporting and importing tracks should be pretty easy...

HTH!

I figured out how to do it (actually it was a friend of mine who did it). I run Guitar Rig as a standalone program, I record dry sound but I still can hear what the sound will be after processing it through the Rig. Then, I take the clean track and add an effect onto it already knowing what the outcome will be. cheers

There´s no need to do that... Search in the manual or in AA´s help for "Audition"... There must be an icon to let you hear GR as you play the guitar...
(hopefully without much latency)...

I guess that´s what you need... Cheers!

Back