Recording guitar amp with Cordless Mic-Isolationism

dmcsilva

I recently saw an ad in an unnamed publication for a cordless mic adapter that you can attach to a (insert your favorite mic). I was wondering if any of you have any idea as to how well this would work for recording. Specifically, allowing one to isolate say...a guitar amp to be mic'd. Would there be much signal degredation? If used in conjunction with a wirelss system for an electric guitar, would the degredation, if any, be multiplied? The distances I am considering would be a closet in the same room or perhaps in an adjacent room. I am truly ignorant about this type of signal transmission and would like to hear your thoughts.

dmc

Why take a chance of creating unwanted noise by using a gadget that works on a radio frequency? Did you ever hear a song on the radio that sounds as good as playing the cd yourself?

Wouldn't it be a lot easier (and cheaper) to run a mic cord under the closet door?

Not easier, but definitely cheaper :) I am just tired of getting cables wrapped around my ankle and nearly taking the whole enchilada down with me...but then maybe I'm retarded. You're right though; I guess frequency modulation would unleash an entire new world of interference to wreak havoc on my recordings.

dmc

Back