Recording from playstation + add vocals?

SerenityThen

I have a Sony Playstation with game/software called Music Generator . It's a 24 track recording studio with thousands of sample tracks.

I need to figure out how to add vocals onto the music tracks Ive allready made.

The Playstation has left/right RCA plug outputs so recording onto a cassette is no problem. The music has allready been seperated and mixed in stereo. Because of that, I can't record the music and vocals with a 4 track recorder because that would make the music mono again and defeat the purpose. Plus, Im using too many tracks so I can't record them one by one.

Should I record the music onto a cassette then get a dual deck kareokee machine and record vocals over the music that way??

Can you get a good sounding recording on a kareokee machine?

FYI.....I have a good quality, JVC single deck cassette recorder that has both left and right microphone inputs and rca inputs on the back. Unfortunatly, it won't let me record from the rca inputs and mic inputs at the same time. :-(

Help....What's the solution???

I can't record the music and vocals with a 4 track recorder because that would make the music mono again and defeat the purpose. Plus, Im using too many tracks so I can't record them one by one.

Dude.....not true!

If you can get it into a 4 track via stereo outs from wherever your music is, you are set.

Go left and right out.....left directly into input 1 and right directly into input 2. Then track vox on tracks 3 and 4. When mixing down to 2 track (your JVC), pan track 1 and 2 (left and right respectively) either all the way or at 9 and 3 o'clock (whichever serves the mix best) and your mix will be every bit as stereo as it was on your program.

Hope this helps,

heylow
Rock Jedi/Indie Snob
www.heylowsoundsystem.net

Feed the PS's RCA output into your computer sound card's line-in, and record it using a cheap multi-track software (N-track comes to mind), and then add a vocal track.
Simple as that.

Oren

Back