Recording Equipment- Need Advice

Cageofmind

Hey Guys,
Okay, I posted on here a while back about buying some recording equipment and got a bunch of great responses. I have taken in all of those responses and done a lot of homework and this is the direction I think I am going to head. Let me know what you all think!

1.Presonus Firepod
2.M-Audio B X 5 Monitors
3.BBE BMAX Solid State Bass Preamp (Used it before. Absolutly Awesome. A must have!)
4.M-Audio Nova Large-Diaphragm Condenser Mic (For Vocals)
5.AKG K 66 Dynamic Headphones

One last thing that I need to get is a good, solid Bass Drum Mic. I was wondering if I could get some advice about one. I am looking to spend between $100 - $200 on one. The music style is pretty much Rock > Hard Rock > Metal .

Again, please let me know what you all think about this! :D

Cageofmind said:
Hey Guys,
Okay, I posted on here a while back about buying some recording equipment and got a bunch of great responses. I have taken in all of those responses and done a lot of homework and this is the direction I think I am going to head. Let me know what you all think!

1.Presonus Firepod
2.M-Audio B X 5 Monitors
3.BBE BMAX Solid State Bass Preamp (Used it before. Absolutly Awesome. A must have!)
4.M-Audio Nova Large-Diaphragm Condenser Mic (For Vocals)
5.AKG K 66 Dynamic Headphones

One last thing that I need to get is a good, solid Bass Drum Mic. I was wondering if I could get some advice about one. I am looking to spend between $100 - $200 on one. The music style is pretty much Rock > Hard Rock > Metal .

Again, please let me know what you all think about this! :D

Don't know about that M-Audio MIC. I would put a little more money towards a nicer mic.

scarboro78 said:
Don't know about that M-Audio MIC. I would put a little more money towards a nicer mic.

Agreed, get thee to the mic forum for excellent suggestions - in general, an SM57/58 are often suggested as great first mics to get.

Okay.

Okay. I will look into finding something a little more high quality. What did you guys think of the rest of the setup though? Any suggestions?

And also, what about a Bass Drum Mic? Any Ideas?

AKG D112 is in your budget, is a very good kick and bass mic, and has other uses as well. Believe it or not, for the right vocalist, it can be a pretty good mic for vox.-Richie

Back