Recording / Doubling Rap Vocals

Well it all depends how you want your sound.

I usualy dont copy my tracks,but do a second take because it gives life to the vocals,and makes them sound thicker.

use a lot of eq, like lower the low frequency's ...but still all depends on the rappers voice.

This is weird, the doubling technique i mentioned above, worked at home just fine using cubase and some vocals i downloaded from the internet, but when i got to the studio and used the actual recordings, it sound like it was echoing to much. So to reduce that i had to turn the volumes down on the delay tracks, but this made the double effect barely noticable.

I tryed applying 30ms on left track and 40ms on right track, this only made it worse, so i tryed 10ms on left and 20ms on right, this made the double barely noticable.

So I applied an eq that cut off freqs after 400hz and up with the original delay of 20ms on left and 30ms on right This took away the echo sound but only left the mid level / bass in the voice.

I will have some more time in the studio this weekend, i will get a bunch of samples for everyone to listen to. Probably like a dry vocal, a doubled one, one with music, etc....

-Dj Orbit

hey i'm new got a question for ya

This is weird, the doubling technique i mentioned above, worked at home just fine using cubase and some vocals i downloaded from the internet, but when i got to the studio and used the actual recordings, it sound like it was echoing to much. So to reduce that i had to turn the volumes down on the delay tracks, but this made the double effect barely noticable.

I tryed applying 30ms on left track and 40ms on right track, this only made it worse, so i tryed 10ms on left and 20ms on right, this made the double barely noticable.

So I applied an eq that cut off freqs after 400hz and up with the original delay of 20ms on left and 30ms on right This took away the echo sound but only left the mid level / bass in the voice.

I will have some more time in the studio this weekend, i will get a bunch of samples for everyone to listen to. Probably like a dry vocal, a doubled one, one with music, etc....

-Dj Orbit

hey, really trying to get these rap vocal settings right, it sounds too crowded, but about the main vocal duplicated twice with one delayed 20ms and the other delayed 30 ms on cubase se which is what i have how do i get to the screen where i can make those tracks delay and also is there a compressor plug in on cubase or do i need to use another source thank you for your time, check back later for reply. also how much reverb should i use or do you use for most your rap vocals

Back