Recording difficulties, any help?

arc76

Hi everyone,

This is my current setup:

mics&inst> presonus blue tube> M-audio delta66 inputs 1&2
Korg x3 synth> M-audio delta66 input 3

delta66 outputs 1&2>wharfdale active 8.2 monitors
delta66 output 3>sony mdr-7504 headphones

Soundcard is connected to a HP 2.8Mhz,AMD processor,512M ram.

I am using Sonar 3 producers edition.

I am a bit of a noob, so bare with me. I am trying to get things going here i just bought the hardware. Last night I recorded a short test audio track from the korg synth and wanted to record a second "overdubbed" track while monitoring track 1 through my phones, but i can't seem to figure out how to do this. I fiddled with the settings in the delta control panel
and can monitor the 1st track only(audio is only coming out of the left can too.) also tried the input/output options in the audio menu of sonar,. Anyone have any suggestions?am i missing something simple here? Do i need to purchase an external mixer or possibly something like the omni i/o in order to monitor both the existing track and the new one? Thanks for any help

arc76 said:
delta66 output 3>sony mdr-7504 headphones
Only 1 output to the cans? That's mono by definition. You're going to have to find some way to route two Delta output channels to a headphone amp for monitoring. Once you do that, we can figure out how to get Sonar to play back your first track, while you use the "zero latency montioring" feature in the Delta control panel to monitor what you're recording.

Don

Back