recording comp.

digital

Hi! guy's, I want to make this as short as I can cause I'm tired of getting the same answers from vs880ex users. I'm a newbie at this one but all these pro recording guy's make it sound so simple that I should be able to figure it out like nothing. They keep forgetting that I asked on how to do that vocals on the vs880ex not in a full blown studio in new york city!!.I want to record vocals, this is what I was told to be the best way on the ex. Track 1, record with comp, to what ever settings that sound good, now on play back of the track 1, add some reverb, I used reverb don't remember what patch number. I know there is a reverb 2 also. Any way,... I play back track one and it sounds as if I was to for back as if I was in a cave or something, I turned down the length of the reverb but it still sounded far away. I tried other effects but not any better, a few other effects that I tried brought me right where I wanted to be be sounded mono or to upfront as if the singer was inside my ears, and no..... the volume was not to loud. The vocal was also very dry. I just can't seem to find a good reverb full sound from my vocal track. I am useing now a rented pre amp to see if it would help. The signal was hot enough that, that is not the problem and I new from the start. I'm just trying to find a pretty good effect I can use to add some life to that track. Maybe I was told wrong about recording to a single track with comp then adding reverb on playback I don't know!!. I spent most of my time recording the instruments, now that I'm ready to finally do some vocals I just don't know what I'm doing. I am also useing a C1000 mike. Remember now,HOW TO ON THE EX AND ONLY THE EX!!... sorry! Thank you in advance to all who can give some input on this one

Sounds to me that you are trying to "insert" the reverb effect? You should send to it instead! There is a effect send setting for every channel - somewhere. I have a VS1680 (and a VS840EX), so I can't help you more than that.... If that was the problem in the first case that is....

/Anders

Back