recording at my bedroom

alexthacowboy

hello, my neighbours asked me for recording them, newbie band. so i record them at my bedroom, and wanna hear your opinions.

bedroom have carpet, nothing else is a 20 feet x 12 feet x 7 feet aprox.

setup was.

kick - blue kickball
snare toms and hh - 4 altec's 650b dynamic cardiod
oh- oktavas mk012 with cardoid capsules

bass- direct to the line input of the mackie.

all was direct to the mackie 24.8, RME multiface, Cubase SX

thats all no effect no dynamics.
heres the link

mixdown was mackie 24.8 - Multiface and soundforge.

thanks i appreciate your comments.

Room mic drum tracks and weedy di bass are all that's on the mp3. If that's all they've got, send them back to write more songs. If you made a mistake post a good link to the right mix.

10 songs were recorder (drums and bass) gonna finish next weekend.

i just pick 1 and upload.

i know i can get good guitars and vocals, but wanst shure about recording drums at my bedroom.

so what u think about the drums?

the song is pretty typical, but i know thats not the point of reply. i think the recording came out pretty clear and sounds alright. but the bass was nooot working for me at all. is it a cheap instrument?

yeah drums are an old yamaha with pretty bad heads, and the bass dont remember the brand but he told me was something like an 80 dollars bass.

was thinking in micking the bass, but u know they paying cheap so dont want to work my ampeg here for a very few dollars.

btw i have an ampeg svt II pro with an 4x10 + 1x15 speaker, anyone tried one on these cabinet? i usally put the kickball in front off the 15" and the beyer m88 in front of 1 10". and sometimes switch mics. and with an altec pre.

Back