Recording at home.

Sentridoh

I'm make a tape of some songs that I've written. Just me playing an acoustic and singing. Maybe I'll double track the vocal and guitar but I have really thought about that yet. I was wonder how to get the best sound from what I have, which is: 2 shure sm57's, shure BG 2.1, MXL V63M, a ART Tube MP, and a TASCAM 424 mkIII. In the past when I was with a band I would just demo the stuff I wrote in my room. It didn't sound to great but it wasn't bad, it got the point across. Now, I want to record my acoustic songs in such a way they sound good, or at least the best it going to get with what I have.BTW, my house is the only place I have to record.

for the guitar, id go with the sm57 and the v63 thru the art and pan those 2 off left and right, how far off depending on taste....
http://www.humbuckermusic.com/acguitrectec.html
try some of the techniques here.....

for vocal.....use the sm57 right up close and the v63 thru the art a bit further off.....put them both dead center......

Re: Re: Recording at home.

SPINSTERWUN said:

It might be time for you to graduate to a better recorder.

Based on his name, I don't think he's put off by the sound of a 4 track.

Hehehe, nope. Trebek is right. I love my four track, but I still would like to get the best sound I can from it. BTW, Trebek what music do you listen. I'm going to be bold and guess some sort underground music form. For you to have heard of Sentridoh is impressive to me.

Back