Recording A Heil TalkBox?

You could make one with a horn driver, duct tape a rubber hose over the end of it, then put the other end in close proximity of were you sing into the mike.

Bball,

I have a talk box, but getting it to recod strong is hard...must be I need to crank the hell out of teeh driver amp?

I can see the difficulty you would be havin' bow, without a PA to run it through. If all you got is the box into a mike into a sound card then it is gonna sound kinda' thin, depending on what your monitoring system consists of.

As I recall when you kick on the talk box it cuts out your guitar speakers then sends the signal to the horn, up through the tube. If you can figure out a way to beef up your microphone sound you should be able to beef up your talk box sound as well.

Need....More.... VOLUME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks man,
That is what I figured.

Actually, I am recording to a Tascam 424. Last time, It came out pretty thin. I guess I should turn it up...

Due to gear and space limitations and for reasons of convenience this may be your only alternative, but consider somehow, someway maybe running that (talk box) mike thru somethin' else and than miking that speaker.

I shall give it a shot....

Thanks for the suggestion bball!
My biggest bitch is that the Talkbox is 8 ohm and my Peavy Classic 30 tube amp is 16.....

I done want to cook tubes over a talkbox....

Back