recorded demo for a band :) suggestions?

The one thing that i don't like is the bass panned to one side and the guitar to the other. I'm preatty new to recording too but thats the one thing i would chang for starters. Leave the bass preatty much in the middle and double the guitar.

Cheers

Listening to Recruit The Youth

First guitar that is panned right, the tone sounds like ass, and like I'm hearing it over the phone.

I'm listening at low volumes so it's hard to hear everything. But the drums sound mostly to the left speaker, and of course the bass guitar is to the left too, so the nasty guitar on the right sounds "alone". Everything is too far to the left.

I would do as Polska said and pan the bass center and double the guitar track.

I don't know what gear you used or how you recorded it, so it's hard to judge.

But from what I know, I honestly don't think it sounds good. I'm also not a fan of this music so maybe that effects my opinion just a bit.

Not trying to be harsh just honest. This might do for demo purposes, but I still think it could be improved upon a lot. It sounds like the majority if it was clipping and that could be the cause of the nasty sounds. I think just by re-recording it with proper levels would make a huge difference.

Wow. Don't want to sound harsh, but that sounds bad on every level. The band can't play together at all. They sound terrible to start, which won't help you much.

The panning is weird. The guitar is way distorted. I honestly don't know where to start with trying to help.....sorry. :(

Back