Recordable CD's - What brands NOT to use...

kmar

I got some Maxell cd's at Walmart that seem to skip easily in consumer-type players "around the house." Anyone recommend a "good" brand that doesn't cost an arm, leg, or both kidneys?
Anyone ever have the same problem with a particular brand? Thanks. kmar

I had horrible problems with a spindle (50)of Memorex CD-Rs. I made coasters out of almost every one of them.

Mitsuko - bad quality stuff.

Mitsui's are working ok for me these days. Mitsui Silver/Silver or Gold. Kodak Gold, and BASF have work for the most part.

I mixed to a Samsung disc a while back and about a month later the guy told me that it wouldn't play in his deck at all anymore!
I had to remix it for him ... this time on a TDK ... no complaint yet.

I've been using Maxell for 2 months now - absolutely no problems - not one coaster! :)

Bruce Valeriani
Blue Bear Sound

I use a cheapo brand called 'Cactus' and they are great. No coasters and every audio CD I've given out has been readable by normal CD players.

Kodak are good too. I burned one coaster with a kodak but I think that was the software's fault. The only time I found one unreadable was when I tried to play it in a DVD player, but I've never had reading problems in standard CD players.

CompUsa special 100 CDR's for 39.95 and I have never made a coaster out of one or had one come back unplayable. I am convinced it depends on your burner, cause mine would burn a plate if you put it in there. The only frisbee I ever made was because my wife turned on a screensaver and it locked up. Other than that always burns clean on cheap ass CDR's and they play forever in the car, boombox, stereo, club. Anyway I have a buddy who has a burner and if he doesnt use the good CDR's about 1/3 will be a coaster.

Back