Recommended Mastering Engineer

Macartie
Hope you will stick around to anwer some questions that people have. You would be a real asset to this forum.

As crawdad sad a lot of people can learn from you.

I agree with the policy of no "spam" in any form but I don't think you came accross like that.

I was going to ask Gidge how he managed so many posts but I think I know now LOL :D

yep, i have about 17 useful posts....the rest is dedicated to spam and masturbation......

If the avatar fits, I suppose...

So Gidge....

What is it called when someone doesnt post for the sake of their business or profession but rather shows up only to call people out, insult folks and type pages of stupid (lewd?) posts that mean absolutely nothing.....serving only to waste bandwidth, make folks scroll through utter junk and finally make this board look useless to the average newcommer?

Just figured you know,

heylow

Re: Canaveral Skies Music

Macartie said:
Equipment
snobbery and downright superstition are unfortunately
a major part of engineering. I suffer from them too, but
ultimately I'm going to use my own ears and judgment (NOT the least
common denominator of public opinion) to decide what
equipment to use.
Ok... but a Samson amp???? :p

No worries Arthur, I have no doubt you have the ears.... !

(But I did still find a few of your clips overcompressed!!) ;)

Cheers dude....... stick around, this is actually a cool place! And we need more pros here to handle the newbs like Gidge! :p ;)

Bruce

Rodney Mills is the "MAN". And has been for 30 or so years. My son's band "Animal Filter" just took a couple of songs to his home. I thought the tunes sounded excellent as they were, but with Rodney's golden ears, 30 minutes and $60, OH MY GOD, what a huge difference!!!

I agree, flatrock... people get turned off by a silly web page, and don't even make it to the credentials...

ahhh...first impressions....

I've experienced his work also, and I'll bet just about everyone else on the board has too...in one way or another, and just never knew it.

Gidge: the self-appointed "spam" police officer.
It's more annoying to read someone's post about what they "percieve" as spam, than it is to read the actual post!
Lighten up huh? If you don't like it, report it to a moderator, but don't turn the forum into flame war.

mixmkr said:
1. I'm glad you got a finished product you're happy with...

2. you must live under a rock if you don't know the "Sjoko stories."

3. The equipment list didn't really impress me that much...actually kind home reccor kinda stuff...but the credentials of a past Sony mastering engineer might carry some weight...or at least lead you to believe the dude has some ears.

4. The pricing seems inline with that equipment, etc.... I wouldn't expect to pay much more in that situation.

5. check out http://www.rodneymills.com for a kick ass list of equipment and a resume that tops even the equipment list....and a price structure that'll make you drop your jaw....

6. are you going to be able to post some samples in the clinic??

I did not read all the posts, but I checked the site, and the equipment sounds more like a mixing engineer's place than a mastering room.

ANd it does not even sound like an A-class mixing room at that. More like a project studio.

Now Im off to listen to some of his mp3s

Gidge said:
Mr. Jones,

lighten up yourself...if you dont like my posts, skip 'em.....

you know...generally I do...but for some reason, I feel compelled to offer my reasons why.
Personally, I'd rather read about the info from a mic designer, company owner...(or other like individual) and what they have to say, even if it hints to "spam", or whatever...than some kid in his bedroom, repeatedly glowing about his Yamaha guitar and talking about his masturbation habit. The choice to which posts to read is an easy one.

I don't consider macarties post to be spam and like others here, I appreciate an experienced view from someone who does this kinda work for a living. The lesson he taught me today is "don't get hung up with an equipment list, its not what you've got, its what you do with it that counts" (Now where have I heard that before?:) )

Gidge,

I think its time I officially told you to suck me sideways, so...suck me sideways!

The guy should be able to explain his fucking services...especially after somebody else mentions them. Beyond that...well, it may be questionable. Of course, we don't even have moderators to deal with it then, but jeez, this is pretty reasonable.

:rolleyes:

So Gidge,

If enough people feel this way, when do you stop? I notice you ignored my last post to you....cool enough I suppose.

The thing you said about ignoring your posts...that would be easier if you posted once and moved on. Instead you post and post and post the same thing 50 times in the same thread. It would be nice if you went back to taking a more active role in helping others, I think. It seems you used to....now...(see my last post)

Im not flaming..................................but YOU are:D

heylow

My goodness

A couple comments:

Bruce, about Sjoko, I have no idea what you're talking about, and apparently, neither do you. He did ask me (after several months, and after lying to me by telling me he was already working on my stuff) to resend a disk that he claimed was not working, but I sent him a new one in two days. I also sent him a couple additional songs after his initial three-month delay and his promise that he would make it up to me: is that what you're referring to? Does that justify what is now an eight-month delay? (Arthur, by contrast, mastered all ten songs in three days and remastered two of the songs in two days.) If he's so innocent, why did he repeatedly refuse to communicate with me? I called and e-mailed him at least six times before going "public" with this. He left me no choice. He's still hiding out somewhere and still hasn't responded to me or sent me my money back. This guy has integrity only when it suits him, which means he has none. He's also coward enough to let you fight his battle for him.

Gidge, leave Arthur alone; I'm tryin' to persuade him to advertise here!!!!

Arthur mastered my stuff with less-than-optimum mixes to work with, so listening to the product will only be so instructive; I will be getting around to uploading a few of the songs at artistlaunch, and will let you know. Don't forget, of course, that you will be listening to mp3's.... so the better test will be to buy my cd when it comes back from the duplication house in a few weeks (oops, SPAM ALERT!).

I guess one question I have about getting a home recorded project mastered is whether a million-dollar set up, as opposed to Arthur's set up (which I'm not qualified to evaluate except to say that I like the way he improved my recordings) makes any difference when every thing was recorded and mixed with a $2000 set up.

Peace at home,

Larry

Re: My goodness

LI Slim said:

Gidge, leave Arthur alone; I'm tryin' to persuade him to advertise here!!!!

cool, consider him left alone....

besides, ill be busy sucking Dolemite sideways......

Back