recommend some floor plans???

thajeremy

registered abuser
can you believe that even with my wife being pregnant, I was able to talk her into letting me build a studio out back??? She wants more living area for our house, and I convinced her of how much cheaper it would be to let me build a studio in the back yard and move out of the basement, which would allow our finished basement to be used as part of our living area. My dad is a contracter and is going to help me with the build so most of the cost will be materials....I want to build at least a 24 by 24 and will possibly be able to get 24 X 36 and Im interrested in some of your opinions on floor plans....

rooms that I plan to include are :
Live room
2 x Iso booths
control room
bathroom
and if I can work it in, lounge area that can also be used for tracking if needed.

Im thinking something like this...any suggestions?

Attachments

• floor plan.jpg
    floor plan.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 79
So that CR is what, 12'x18' or so? Those dimensions will shrink significantly by the time you're done with sound proofing, but you'll have some modal over lap as both of those dimensions are divisible by 2 and by 6. Plan doors and windows so you can add surface mount treatment, or plan the treatment into the build itself. What are you planning for the ceiling height?

Frank

im planning on a 10' ceiling....I doubt that I will go for a completely soundproof build....My basement isnt soundproof and my recordings there are just fine...I currently have 20 + bass traps and will probably atleast double that for this studio. My current CR is about 13 X 22 so this one will be slightly smaller, but I will have a lot more space for tacking since I currently only have a 13 X 14 for tracking....so when I have a group who wants to track everything at once, its kind of a pain and we loose a lot of sound quality due to my small space.

I was hoping to have a little more interest, but anyway, Iv spent the last hour or so working on a drawing....anyone see any problems with this? by the way the overall dimentions are 24ft X 36ft.

Attachments

• floor plan2.jpg
    floor plan2.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 61
I like it a lot, though booth #1 should probably just extend all the way over to the right side of the drawing.

Frank

Back