recommend a 2 channel ad converter

I've got a SoundBlaster PCMCIA card that works pretty well with my laptop.

Oh, sorry, I see you wanted something a little more specific.

I could peel the A/D chips out of my fried US122 and mail them to you.

hahahahah :)

with my level of electronics wizardry, i'd probably superglue them to a circuit board, dip it in water, perform an african tribal dance and then hope....really really hard

I use a Universal Audio 2192. It sounds great and also has equally good DA conversion. For lack of a better word, it's a very "analog" sounding unit while still having the cleanliness of digital.

I use a Universal Audio 2192. It sounds great and also has equally good DA conversion. For lack of a better word, it's a very "analog" sounding unit while still having the cleanliness of digital.

i'll check that out albert. thanks. i didn't think of UA, i was thinking apogee, but mostly because of brand recognition

hahahahah :)

with my level of electronics wizardry, i'd probably superglue them to a circuit board, dip it in water, perform an african tribal dance and then hope....really really hard

ROFLMAO

i'm no better though.

the price difference between the mini-dac and the 2192 is not small.
i'd eat my own poop if anyone in the world thought that the 2192 was twice as good as the mini-dac, let alone four times.
guess the clock thing is nice, but still.

and hell, a duet is 500$, you could probably do ok with it if you were forced to :)

Yeah, its hard to what a difference the 2192 makes until you gt a chance to use it in a familiar environment. Keep in mind also that just because it says Apogee on it does not mean anything about the quality of the converters. The mini series and the Duet certainly do not use the same conversion chain that the Rosetta's do.

Back