Recomendations

juststartingout

Ok, I am a guitar/kybd/bass player. I want to buy/learn drums and yes, I am nuts or excentric or whatever. I really don't like junk, so generally speaking I usually buy mid to top shelf stuff. I am looking at a set of Pearl master customs for the drums and really have no idea for the cymbols. Does anyone have any suggstions on either drums or cymbols?

ur just starting and you want to buy a masters. grrrrrrrrrrrrrr. i've been playing most of my life and i own an elx. o well. cymbals - ermm personaly i play a mix of AAX, AA, and some A customs. thats my choice. basicly with sabian you cant go wrong. you need to go into a shop and try them out and then pick the choices you want. not much else i can say. its your own peronal opinion. and the music style you play of course.

drummerdude666 said:
ur just starting and you want to buy a masters. grrrrrrrrrrrrrr. i've been playing most of my life and i own an elx. o well. cymbals - ermm personaly i play a mix of AAX, AA, and some A customs. thats my choice. basicly with sabian you cant go wrong. you need to go into a shop and try them out and then pick the choices you want. not much else i can say. its your own peronal opinion. and the music style you play of course.

Ok, grrrrrrrr does cover it. I actually collect guitars and stuff (http://home.comcast.net/~bonrox/guitars/gut_inv.htm) and want a good set to go with everything else. I have been playing and giging for 30 some years and in all that time, I never wanted to pick up a set of sticks. Over the past 6 months, I have had a desire to pick up on drums. Like I said, I am a bit excentric when it comes to equipment.

So anyway, Sabians were what was recomended at the shop, but I thought I would check with you guys before making a final decision. I was going to go with digital drums, but I was told from multiple people the I would be a lot better off learning on acoustics. Besides, the Pearls look much better than the electric drums and they are the right color (lol).

Sabians are excellent, and I think they still offer a warranty which Zildjian does not.
Acoustics are far superior to electrics, especially when learning how to play. The importance of stick control becomes obvious when playing acoustics.

I also play Sabians the AA or AAX are both very good. I personnaly use HH but I use my drums to generate a fair amount of income some I wanted the best (which to me were the HH).

For what it's worth, I played Zildjians for 25-30 years and I changed to Sabian (I've still got a lot of very good Zildjians - but the Sabians won me over when I was it the Sabians factory (about 6 years ago) and saw the care and dedication of the Sabian people (many Zildjian employees had gone to work for Sabian).

Regarding wanting quality gear - if you can afford it go for it. If you've been playing/gigging for 30 plus years you deserve to buy whatever you want. I've been a working musician for almost 40 years, (drums, percussion, guita, keys, bass, violin, banjo, harmonica) when it comes to drums/percussion - my main axe which generates most of my music related income - I always try to buy quality (not counting the several Wuhans I own simply becuase I love the way they sound)

Back