Reccomend a pair of monitors for $500 or less

Kaze

I tryed to do a search but it wasnt working properly... But im lookin for an affordable pair of monitors. $500 or less for the set. I do mainly electronic music and i like to have bass in my mixes. Thanks guys.

Blue Sky Media Desk. I first started using them to edit/mix audio for film and video. Bought a pair for mixing at home and they're great! Check out their Media Desk 2.1 system:

http://www.abluesky.com/p_s_gb/p3s1.html

They have a new product called the EXO series. If these are half as good they still would be awesome for mixing audio.

But don't take my word for it! Go audition a bunch and see what works for you. Cheers, Rez

When it comes to music styles like this, you need to be very careful about your bass. Trust me, you are going to get the bass you are wanting... the problem is that you may end up not having enough because of room acoustics exaggerating the bass you do have. What I would look for is something with the most true (flattest) bass response possible. I'll be honest, I really like my yamaha HS-80M's. They have a lo-cut switch, roll-off and a few other options, and do give a very accurate representation of what it may sound like on other systems. They are typically 350 per speaker, but I walked into guitar center and told them I had 600 bucks to spend, and I walked out with these speakers, a pair of mogami gold cables and a pair of auralex mo-pads for 600 bucks after tax. It is possible to get hooked up if you work with them.

you can't go wrong with KRK's, I had a pair of RP5's, loved them. now i have a pair of their new model, the VXT's, major difference. tested these at a guitar center next to some event and maudio monitors and samson, next to the genelec's that they had, these were the best. I have the 6in. but they'll run you about 900 a pair. the RP8's should do just fine. and they're about 500

Faced with the same problem (I do electronic music as well as rock/folk/others--but not alot of money to spend) and after receiving recommendations from a couple of professional engineers I know in LA, I went after a pair of Event 20/20 BAS's. I had to buy used, and be patient until the right seller came along, but I bought a flawless pair off Ebay for $375 (plus $40 for shipping).

They sound absolutely phenomenal!

Back