Reason Mixing Questions

WesP1106

Yo whats up everyone my names wes and ive only been on this site for a while.
Ive been using Reason 3.0 and ive been having alot of fun with it. i just seem to have a problem mixing the track. for instance when i play the finished track threw my monitors it sounds perfect, then i go to my car and it sounds like Sh*t. Does anyone have any tips on mixing is reason ???
Thanks ,
Wes

Best tip I can give in that situation is export each track to a .wav file, import and mix it in your recording software. To make things work out a lot easier Rewire reason into whatever recording software you use if it supports it.

I absolutely hate mixing anything in Reason.

well im currently using cubase sx 3.0 and i do not know how to rewire it? ive read and read and it just dont seem to work for me ...
Any help is very appreciated..
Also how to you import each track as a .Wav????? if i can do this it be great!

Thanks again.
Wes

Last edited:
only way i can think to export each instrument as a wav would be to make out the whole song then go back and solo each instrument one by one and save umm that way.......

Fyre said:
only way i can think to export each instrument as a wav would be to make out the whole song then go back and solo each instrument one by one and save umm that way.......

Yeah that's how I used to do it, just solo each instrument and export it.

To rewire into cubase is simple, just open cubase start a session then open Reason. Create a 14:2 mixer and load up a module in Reason (like Subtractor) load a sound, go back to Cubase and click on which ever midi track you are using and make sure on the left of the track the output is set to Subtractor 1 (or whatever your using). At the very top of your screen, click Devices (i think i'll have to go look) and then click "Show Pannel" click the button that says Reason and turn th power indicators on. Then your done, you can record from Reason into Cubase.

I'll link up some of my Reason Tutorials when I get them all together.

Wow thanks for all the helpfull information some tutorials will also help , i really appreciate all the help this site offers. hopefully , ill be able to help out soon..
when i get back home im gonna try rewire reason n cubase.
thanks alot for all the help any more is much appreciated..

thank you,
Wes

lol its all a cycle... just a few months ago i was just like you now i kno a little bit (enough to look stupid half the time) so i just share what i kno lol

yeah i just started so in time we will tell lolol thanks for all the helpfull info.... as said before anymore is much appreciated..

thanks
wes

soundforge for mixing

well, in my experience (not alot...) i would not recommend soundforge for mixing because this program wasn't created mainly for mixing (like cubase for example) but it was created for all kinds of sound editing, like effects and stuff.
You could probably use soundforge for recording and editing your sound files, but for mixing I would go with other programs (cubase, protools, abelton live, and tons of others).

This problem happens all the time.

1- Make sure your room is acoustically right. (No mirrors, smooth surfaces)
Sometimes bass actually can get amplified in some parts of the room giving you a wrong mix reference.

You don't have to spend tons of money. Just get heavy drapes and hang them on the walls. This will deaden the sound reflection somewhat.

2- Get bass traps. This will do wonders to your mixing...

3- Get good monitors.

4- I didn't like burning 100s of CDs and going to my car every minute. So, I tried this trick and I have kept it in my studio. Buy a car stereo receiver and 2 car speakers. Get a power converter to power the receiver. Bamm. You have car speakers to test your mixes. You will know if you have too much bass or not enough highs and all that. And you can change the settings. like rock, classic, pop and so on...

Also, like said. Re-wire all the instruments to your audio program.

Last edited:
BeatsBuY said:
This problem happens all the time.

1- Make sure your room is acoustically right. (No mirrors, smooth surfaces)
Sometimes bass actually can get amplified in some parts of the room giving you a wrong mix reference.

You don't have to spend tons of money. Just get heavy traps and hang them on the walls. This will deaden the sound reflection somewhat.

2- Get bass traps. This will do wonders to your mixing...

3- Get good monitors.

4- I didn't like burning 100s of CDs and going to my car every minute. So, I tried this trick and I have kept it in my studio. Buy a car stereo receiver and 2 car speakers. Get a power converter to power the receiver. Bamm. You have car speakers to test your mixes. You will know if you have too much bass or not enough highs and all that. And you can change the settings. like rock, classic, pop and so on...

Also, like said. Re-wire all the instruments to your audio program.

lol i think u ment to post this in gully thread Im a menace lol..... still great info tho :D

Fyre said:
lol i think u ment to post this in gully thread Im a menace lol..... still great info tho :D

:confused: I was giving my input on how to better mixes... Think it will help folks... Think this is the right thread...

WesP1106 said:
i just seem to have a problem mixing the track. for instance when i play the finished track threw my monitors it sounds perfect, then i go to my car and it sounds like Sh*t. Does anyone have any tips on mixing is reason ???
Thanks ,
Wes

Ya, I went out side of mixing in Reason, but most of the problem when people mix is the room. So, I went into that a little... ;)

BeatsBuY said:
:confused: I was giving my input on how to better mixes... Think it will help folks... Think this is the right thread...

Ya, I went out side of mixing in Reason, but most of the problem when people mix is the room. So, I went into that a little... ;)

dayum lol i completely forgot what the topic started out asking lol my fault on that one homie

Back