Reason Guru's Can Ya Help Me???????

BEATMAKERS

WHO DAT MAKIN THAT NOIZE
:confused: YES THATS RIGHT I MIGHT POSSIBLE BE GOING TO REASON AS MY NEW BASE BEEN WORKING WITH IT FOR THE LAST WEEK OR TWO BUT GOT A QUESTION I CANT FIGURE OUT ABOUT REDRUM.
I PROGRAM MY DRUM PATTERNS IN IT ON THE PATTERN WITH MY MOUSE AND NOT A MIDI CONTROLLER ALL THE WAY OUT TO THE 64 STEPS I PUT IN EACH INSTRUMENT AND LAY IT OUT. MY QUESTION IS HOW DO I MAKE THOSE NOTES SHOW UP IN THE SEQUENCER. WHEN I EXPORT IT PLAYS THE DRUMSOUNDS BUT WITH OUT HAVING THEM SHOW IN THE SEQUENCER SECTION I DONT HAVE THE CONTROLL I NEED TO DROP DIFFERENT PERCUSSION SOUNDS IN AND OUT AS NEEDED. I KNOW IF I TRIGGER THE SOUNDS VIA A MIDI CONTROLLER AND USE RECORD THEY WILL SHOW BUT I WANT TO BE ABLE TO DO IT THE OTHER WAY. reasON gurus CAN YA HELP ME??

right click on the redrum machine and selct copy pattern to track.It will copy your pattern wherever you have the left and right markers set.Make sure u disable the redrum after you do this, or you will get double volume.Im not sure if Im on the same idea as you ,but thought I would try and help.

I got you big pimp. what i do is i program all of my melodies and percussions into reDrum then i right click anywhere in the redrum rack and scroll down to COPY PATTERN TO TRACK. once i do that i make sure i deselect ENABLE PATTERN SECTION right above the RUN button. this tells ReDrum to not play the pattern along with the pattern i copied to the track. at this point depending on how i feel, i have the pattern expanding through out the entire song. to drop sounds in and out what i do is; set up my left and right marker to the TIME and LENGTH of bars i want the change to take place, I then DELETE the pattern within those selected bars and then i go back to ReDrum and SOLO what i want to play. After that i COPY PATTERN TO TRACK once again and everything that soloed falls within the left and right locator. Repeat as many times as necessary. BOOM! there you go.

Jperp said:
right click on the redrum machine and selct copy pattern to track.It will copy your pattern wherever you have the left and right markers set.Make sure u disable the redrum after you do this, or you will get double volume.Im not sure if Im on the same idea as you ,but thought I would try and help.

ha ha, after i hit submit, i seen your post and was like damn someone beat me to it. you are right on track.

Thank You Sir Also Can You Load Midi Files Into Reason. I Have Some Tracks In Midi Format I Want To Load Into Reason Is It Possible

BEATMAKERS said:
Thank You Sir Also Can You Load Midi Files Into Reason. I Have Some Tracks In Midi Format I Want To Load Into Reason Is It Possible

i've never done it but i'm pretty sure you can. just highlight the track with the synth that you want to import the midi track to and then go to the top, click file and then scroll down to import midi file.

jugalo180 said:
I got you big pimp. what i do is i program all of my melodies and percussions into reDrum then i right click anywhere in the redrum rack and scroll down to COPY PATTERN TO TRACK. once i do that i make sure i deselect ENABLE PATTERN SECTION right above the RUN button. this tells ReDrum to not play the pattern along with the pattern i copied to the track. at this point depending on how i feel, i have the pattern expanding through out the entire song. to drop sounds in and out what i do is; set up my left and right marker to the TIME and LENGTH of bars i want the change to take place, I then DELETE the pattern within those selected bars and then i go back to ReDrum and SOLO what i want to play. After that i COPY PATTERN TO TRACK once again and everything that soloed falls within the left and right locator. Repeat as many times as necessary. BOOM! there you go.

DROP INSTRUMENTS IN AND OUT

My bad man, i just realised that i forgot to tell you to COPY the pattern to a new pattern. By default you are creating your first pattern on pattern one. You have 8 patterns so select pattern two and paste the pattern from pattern one and then select which instrument you want to drop out and erase it from the drum pad. Now you can copy pattern two and so on to the sequencer. I hope this helps

After you copy the pattern to the the sequencer window.
you can go into the screen where you paint notes in on the piano thing.
select the redrum channel and all the notes will show up.
you can delete the ones you want to drop out.
easier than making a new pattern and copying it.

ethos said:
After you copy the pattern to the the sequencer window.
you can go into the screen where you paint notes in on the piano thing.
select the redrum channel and all the notes will show up.
you can delete the ones you want to drop out.
easier than making a new pattern and copying it.

that's a good technique but it requires about the same amount of time in the beginning but not in the end. peep, let's say you want all the drums to drop out, the way i said it would be to copy pattern from pattern one paste to pattern two. now you just have to go through the bars and deselect the drums and then copy to track. the way you are doing it is going into the piano screen and then scrolling through the song to find the place where you want to drop the notes, now this is tight because you can make all sorts of drop outs and not have to worry about new patterns, but the patterns come in handy because if you want to swap a drop out pattern you just switch up your uniquely colored pattern bars where as with your method you would have to carefully do some cutting and pasting.

i think both methods are pretty good, i just wanted to point out a few strengths and weaknesses in both.

yo fam i gotta thankyall for coming out for me on this. i actually used a combination of these ideas where i copy to track he patter then go to the automation window crunkthan a mug showed me about and do my drop outs from there. thanks fam

"BLUE YOU'RE MY BOY"

jugalo180 said:
that's a good technique but it requires about the same amount of time in the beginning but not in the end. peep, let's say you want all the drums to drop out, the way i said it would be to copy pattern from pattern one paste to pattern two. now you just have to go through the bars and deselect the drums and then copy to track. the way you are doing it is going into the piano screen and then scrolling through the song to find the place where you want to drop the notes, now this is tight because you can make all sorts of drop outs and not have to worry about new patterns, but the patterns come in handy because if you want to swap a drop out pattern you just switch up your uniquely colored pattern bars where as with your method you would have to carefully do some cutting and pasting.

i think both methods are pretty good, i just wanted to point out a few strengths and weaknesses in both.

good point.
but when you go in and delete certain drum hits. It will change the color of the group. so if you want the same drop out before every chours, you can copy paste the group with the drop outs.

Its all a matter of opinion though.
im gonna try your way and see how it goes.
maybe ill adopt your technique.

ethos said:
good point.
but when you go in and delete certain drum hits. It will change the color of the group. so if you want the same drop out before every chours, you can copy paste the group with the drop outs.

Its all a matter of opinion though.
im gonna try your way and see how it goes.
maybe ill adopt your technique.

ha ha that's funny because i'm feeling the same way about your technique. i guess in the end it's good to know more than one way to skin a cat. thanks for the knowledge it really gave me a different way to look at things.

Back