Reason 2.5 and Sonar 2 for drums...

MadStrum!

Just got into Reason 2.5 and made a redrum track with the inbuilt sequencer....
My question is... how would I go about transferring this drum track's midi notes to Sonar 2 so that I can edit them from within Sonar 2 to apply more erm, delicate touches? (Assuming Reason is a Rewire plugin in Sonar 2)
I want the midi notes that I produced in Reason's redrum to appear in Sonar 2's piano roll.. is this possible?
Thanks.

Pier.

Would making a drum map for your particular kit do it? I'm not sure, but I think you could do this...make a new map from within the drum map manager, and route it to reason. Then, you can do whatever you want to do with it from within the piano roll.

In the midi out, then, you'd select your drum map, and when you look at the piano roll, you'll have the names of each drum instead of the plain piano roll. The routing to reason is done within the drum map manager, I believe. I'm new to some of this but I'm trying to figure it out--to see all the things that are possible.

Hope that was even a fraction of help for you. I really don't know how to do this stuff very well myself...The online help in Sonar explains it fairly decently so you shouldn't need any extra pages in front of your face.

Also, check Cakewalk.com and cakewalk.net. I think one of them may have a bit of info this way.

Good luck,
Kirstin

Back