reaper

g6120

Just getting into digital recording and have 0 experience recording on a computer how difficult is this for a beginner using this program .

Thoughts are welcome recommendations .

Reaper is a very powerful DAW. I think it is as good as most programs, but as with most complex software, there is a learning curve. What I find more difficult is learning how to record and mix. Lot's of material and "how to" on the Reaper site and on youtube. Good program.

What is your application? A DAW is a DAW, what makes one better than another is how it adapts to -your- workflow.

I love and swear by Reaper, but you can learn the bare bones basics fairly quick on Audacity, which is free.

Read the manual, get Reaper set up correctly to start with, experiment with the sample tracks as demo-ed in the manual. You don't have to go 'cover-to-cover' with the manual to start with, skip the MIDI and advanced routing stuff until you get more time in.

Yes to all the above.

All daws do basically the same thing. It's up to you to find one that works for you and you can get along with.

In Reaper's case, the demo is fully functional with no obtrusive dongles or copy protection and you can try it out without blowing a lot of your credit card.

And the user group is a huge help.

Dive in, the water's fine...

Back