Reaper vs. N-track

cellardweller

How many of you have switched from Ntrack to Reaper?

$40!!!!
How can you go wrong?!?
I've heard it said that it is very stable and capable....

Anyone?

I never upgraded my N-Track due to midi and stability problems (although it looks as if Flavio may be improving with v5). I had to go to CubaseSE when v4 came out and had problems, but I'm keeping my eye on on the new version.

I'm currently evaluating Reaper and it looks as if I may switch to it. So far I have had no problems with anything I've thrown at it and the ability to run VSTs on multiple PCs for no cost means I won't have to purchas FXTeleport for $150.

i don't know if REAPER is as good for curing erectile disfunction, but it simply kicks ass at audio. it's awesome.

buy REAPER and you'll never look back.

cellardweller said:
OK OK OK!
I think we all know what I was really asking here...don't we?

Will it add inches to my manhood?

the definitive answer to that is maybe.

cellardweller said:
OK OK OK!
I think we all know what I was really asking here...don't we?

Will it add inches to my manhood?

take one look at my mantits, you'll gain an inch or two.....

as far as REAPER, for audio I think it has toppled N-Track.....whats irritating about N-Track is whenever a new version comes out, you upgrade for the features, but you have countless bugs for months.....Reaper just keeps getting better and better....hopefully that dont fall into that "version upgrade" aka bug testers trap......

Gidge said:
take one look at my mantits, you'll gain an inch or two.....

as far as REAPER, for audio I think it has toppled N-Track.....whats irritating about N-Track is whenever a new version comes out, you upgrade for the features, but you have countless bugs for months.....Reaper just keeps getting better and better....hopefully that dont fall into that "version upgrade" aka bug testers trap......
So, you's guys is Reaper-converts? How long have you been using it?

Hmm...being that I rarely have time for recording, do you think the superiority of Reaper would be evident in a short amount of time?

cellardweller said:
So, you's guys is Reaper-converts? How long have you been using it?

Hmm...being that I rarely have time for recording, do you think the superiority of Reaper would be evident in a short amount of time?

i've been using it for almost 6 months now. and yes, it would be immediately evident. i spent a whole night just messing with the color themes! :D

Ive only used it a handful of times, but enuff to know Im convinced......even after upgrading N-Track, I still used 3.3....

Gidge said:
Ive only used it a handful of times, but enuff to know Im convinced......even after upgrading N-Track, I still used 3.3....
Same here.I bought the version 4 registration and never have been satisfied with it enough to use.Tried a few times.3.3 always worked well.
I eased my way into Reaper by mixing a project that I had tracked with N-Track.Love it.I'm tracking my first song with it now and the editing capabilities are blowing my mind.
I would probably still use N-Track for a while longer until Reaper is more 2nd nature to me, but it wont play nice with my new Core2Duo machine.Fuck it.I'll stay with Reaper.

Freakin' unanimous!

I don't even remember the last time I opened N, but I'm planning to start a new song soon....

Sounds like it'd be a good time to drop my 40 bones on dis mofo'ing reaper!
Werd.

reaper blows n-track out of the water. I can't beleive I wasted 75 bucks on n-track... to me, it was apparent that reaper was superior software after spending about 4 days with it. recording/mixing one project in reaper sealed the deal.

G'day Ryan,
I've been putzin' with Reaper for almost a year and soundwise it does blow n-Track outta the water. More vibrant and much less noise.
But, I've been using n-Track 3.1.9 for a long time. There are features that I use for every song that I just can't figure out how to do in Reaper. What can I say,
I'm slow ;)
BillA

Oh, you can download a free, nagware copy and try it before you buy it :)

Reaper defiant kicks some major ASS!
I could spend all day working all the bells and whistles.
I also has an onboard software engineer(on the forum)
You have bugs or complaints and he tells you "hey I'll fix that"
And two days later a new rev comes out.
Nowhere else do you have that kind of connection between Engineer and customer.
Bardo

I just set up something that'll make me buy Reaper...

Using ReaMote, I set up two of the other PCs on my home network (my kid's 3Ghz gaming PC and my 2.2Ghz Win2k office machine) to remotely run my VST plugins. With zero CPU hit on my laptop DAW, I can now run EQs and reverbs like SIR on the other machines for FREE.

This would have cost my $200 with FXTeleport or thousand$ with dedicated DSP boxes.

If you've got more than one PC at home, you need to do this NOW!

You know, I downloaded REAPER for the first time a few days ago. (Comparing it to my Cubase).

I can't say that I like it any better. (so far) All I tried out though was running a few VST instruments with my MIDI controller. It seemed slow to me, even with optimized buffer settings. I dunno, I guess I'll try some more. :confused:

Back