Reaper n00b

lucky13

So I just switched from mac to pc, and from pro tools to reaper.

I tried loading up a bundle of plug ins from waves, but Reaper doesn't see them....at least I don't see them in the fx menu when I bring up my plug-ins. The plug-ins installed successfully, and are located in my program files, they just don't seem to be linked to Reaper.

Can anybody steer me in the right directon of how to get them to talk to one another?

see if theyre listed in the location you have here, or add some

109614134525-REAPER-Preferences.png

see if theyre listed in the location you have here, or add some

109614134525-REAPER-Preferences.png

That path was empty, so I clicked add. I found the Waves file, selected it and then rescanned the directory. I then clicked apply, and ok...I still got nuthin'.

BTW- You goin' to Westfest this year? We otta do some herpin'.

There was a trick to get the waves dll's to show up. They are in some sort of wrapper. Ill see what I can figure out.

Ill be at westfest for sure! that was awesome

Also, make sure you are directing REAPER to the "waveshells" files, I think they are found in the WAVES folder somewhere, Search yer computer for waveshells.

Let me know if that helps.

~Rob.

Also, make sure you are directing REAPER to the "waveshells" files, I think they are found in the WAVES folder somewhere, Search yer computer for waveshells.

Let me know if that helps.

~Rob.

lol, the waveshells file is a sub-file within the Waves file, and that's the only subfile I didn't try, just because I didn't know what it was. I'll try that tonight.

lol, the waveshells file is a sub-file within the Waves file, and that's the only subfile I didn't try, just because I didn't know what it was. I'll try that tonight.

That wasn't it. :(

Over at A&A some dudes told me it's because the Waves stuff is DX. I tried setting it up that way with no luck either.

Do I just need to get a VST wrapper?

Back