Reaper and PreSonus FireStudio Project Factory

getuhgrip

Bring Back Transfat!
Do these play nicely together? I hope so, I just looked at Reaper and it looks pretty straight forward.

And what's the deal now with 64 bit? I guess it's time to upgrade from XP to Win7?

And the 64 bit benefit is what again? I'm using a gigabyte board and an Athlon II X4 620 2.6GHz 4 AM3 Quad-Core chip. 4 gigs of DDR3.

Just noticed something odd...right click My Computer and it shows 3 gigs of ram rather than 4. Cpuz shows 4. Whaus up with that?

Hey there!

Well, I'm not using the Firestudio, but I do own a Presonus Firepod and it works just fine. REAPER should be able to pick up any sound device so you don't need to worry about that too much. Just find one that works for you and fits your needs :)

As for 64-bit computing. The main plus is that you'll be able to use more than 4GB of RAM in your operating system. If you're considering upgrading your RAM in the future, I would go for 64-bit.

And lastly, the missing 1GB could be from your graphics card. My onboard graphics requires 512MB of RAM. So even though I have 4GB, Windows reports 3.5GB available.

Hopefully that helps. I'm running Windows 7 Pro x64 w/ REAPER x64 and it really is a great combination. I haven't had a single problem yet :D

*EDIT*
I should mention that REAPER has it's own built-in bitbridge. It will automatically detect and be able to run 32-bit plugins in the 64-bit REAPER and vice versa.

Oh...so there's both 32 and 64 bit versions of Reaper? Gotcha.

I'm running a video card, not an onboard. Might be because XP doesn't ackowelge more than 2 gigs? I dunno. I'll figure it out once I get win7 up and running. Thanks, d.bop. :cool:

XP 32 bit can only use a max of 3gb. This is why you're seeing 4gb ram but only being able to use the 3.

Back