Reaper....all other multi-track software is a rip!

Ford Van

Banned
I continue to be impressed with Reaper's developement. Absolutely NOTHING can come close to it in the price vs. feature catagory either!

Nope, I don't work for them. Just giving my official "thumbs up" for this great software that is cheap as hell!

http://www.reaper.fm/

At about a grand less than the software I use, it certainly boasts an impressive array of features. I can't imagine how they've supported that much development with that pricetag.

Ford Van said:
I continue to be impressed with Reaper's developement. Absolutely NOTHING can come close to it in the price vs. feature catagory either!

Nope, I don't work for them. Just giving my official "thumbs up" for this great software that is cheap as hell!

Ok, maybe you are intelligent. I've been playing with reaper for about 3 months and it's pretty damn impressive. I'd have to say I've considered doing a full session with it, the kids like the Pro Tools though.

+1 for reaper.

ive been using since summer and it never ceases to amaze me. especially the number of updates. everyday i get a new version pretty much. its great. amazing routing, and the JS effects are awesome, even if you couldent edit their code. which also rocks. even the gui is getting better with user-designed skinnable icons and a large amount of sweet color themes. i also love the community involved in the development of it. justin (the developer) doesnt lock himself up and lets users critique current versions and actully talks with users on the forum. recomendations are always welcome with him and sometimes he will use your color themes or icon themes or even plugins more recently. now if only someone would port it to linux as well... i hate having to run windows at all.

I've been impressed with Reaper also. Started using it just because it could import mp3s directly. It's very good.

Tim

Trust me, give it a year or two to develop a user base and he'll be charging close to what the big boys charge.

fraserhutch said:
Trust me, give it a year or two to develop a user base and he'll be charging close to what the big boys charge.
You're so jaded, man.

At least the developer doesn't try to pimp his software with "educational" posts in the Newbie forum! :D

Tim

Alright, I'm finally gonna install the free version I downloaded a few months ago (at Ford's recommendation I might add). Seems like the upgrade will be worth whatever fee I'll have to pay.

That's very true :)

And yes, I guess I am jaded, having seen it all play out before :(

Timothy Lawler said:
You're so jaded, man.

At least the developer doesn't try to pimp his software with "educational" posts in the Newbie forum! :D

Tim

MadAudio said:
Alright, I'm finally gonna install the free version I downloaded a few months ago (at Ford's recommendation I might add). Seems like the upgrade will be worth whatever fee I'll have to pay.

You can dowload the current version for free - he just asks that you pay for it if you continue to use it.

NL5 said:
You can dowload the current version for free - he just asks that you pay for it if you continue to use it.
Good to know, thanks.

Speaking of free stuff, what is up with your site? Did you get my PM?

Ford Van said:

Pretty fucking neat that there's a messageboard with tips and tricks.

I'm pretty much over Logic. I'll download it and give it a whirl when I'm finished working on my current project.

Well, I installed it and the default demo song won't play. Well that was fun. Next? :rolleyes:

Oh wait, I don't need a next. Vegas works fine for me already.

MadAudio said:
Well, I installed it and the default demo song won't play. Well that was fun. Next? :rolleyes:

Oh wait, I don't need a next. Vegas works fine for me already.

pfffffffffffffffffft! Reaper is like Vegas on steroids!

So the demo doesn't play. Big fucking deal.

One of the professional engineers that is helping with development of Reaper was a HUGE Vegas fan. So, if you like Vegas, Reaper should blow your mind. It has all the stuff that Vegas will never have!

I played around with it for a good few hours tonight.

I dig the layout, I was up and running in less than a few minutes and features were easy to find.

However, the editing features kinda pissed me off. I don't like the "all in one" mouse deal.

This is an extreamly cool little program. Especially for being free.

It won't replace Pro Tools for me by a long shot, but its something else fun to dink around with.

I'd highly recommend this to someone who is new to DAW software for ease of use.

TuoKaerf said:
I played around with it for a good few hours tonight.

I dig the layout, I was up and running in less than a few minutes and features were easy to find.

However, the editing features kinda pissed me off. I don't like the "all in one" mouse deal.

This is an extreamly cool little program. Especially for being free.

It won't replace Pro Tools for me by a long shot, but its something else fun to dink around with.

I'd highly recommend this to someone who is new to DAW software for ease of use.

As I recall, the mouse behavior can be turned off.

I know guys that use it INSTEAD of ProTools who HAVE ProTools.

Back