Reaper 16 tracks at once?

Squiksilvery

Hello,

I want to record 16 tracks at once with 2 Presonus Firepods. Will Reaper do this? I doing it well with Logic 5 (which is great) but it is a bit unstable.

Also I'd ideally run it on a old Sony Vaio 700Mhz laptop with an external usb hard drive. The Firepods won't work with the laptops mini firewire port, but I thought I could get a pcmcia firewire card and see if that worked.... any thought?

Downloading Reaper now...!

There are no track limits in Reaper, so try it & see...

You'll need to setup your device by going to the Options -> Preferences menu in Reaper when you first run it. Then go to Audio Devices on the left. And select the input ranges in the dropboxes.

faders3.jpg

Knock yourself out

I try to keep mine under 20, but there are the nutters with the 200 track count stuff using reaper

I don't have 200 of anything to record !

Hey pipeline, I've been meaning to ask you..... how do I get the MP3 Render to work with Reaper ?

What do I have to download ?

Stick this dll in your c:\program files\reaper directory

I know its a PITA but its either that or charge everyone five bucks or whatever they want for the distributable

Thanks man.

It's not a PITA to install this.

It's a PITA to go without this !!!

Now if you'll excuse me, I have some MP3's to mix down to....

Hello,

I want to record 16 tracks at once with 2 Presonus Firepods. Will Reaper do this? I doing it well with Logic 5 (which is great) but it is a bit unstable.

Also I'd ideally run it on a old Sony Vaio 700Mhz laptop with an external usb hard drive. The Firepods won't work with the laptops mini firewire port, but I thought I could get a pcmcia firewire card and see if that worked.... any thought?

Downloading Reaper now...!

wait... firepods wont work with 4 pin firewire? i'm just asking because i'm planning on borrowing two firepods for a project i'm recording at the end of the month, and if they dont work, i'd have to re plan how i'm going to record. i currently use the tascam fw-1804.

I don't know for sure, but I think it's because of the power needed. 4-pin firewire ports can't power the units.

Back