Reamping with my firepod

Ok .. i'm going to try reamping for the first time - mainly because i don't (at the moment) have a good room to mic a cab in. So .. here is my question..

i have a firepod (TRS output channel for each input), so for the channel to be REAMPED eventually, could I use one of the first two inputs, which are instrument preamps - or do i HAVE to use DI and go out from that to do my reamping channel at one of the line inputs, then do that backwards again (through the DI back into an amp, outboard unit, ect) to reamp eventually?

hopefully that made sense. i haven't slept forever. my friend is only in town a couple more days, and i need to have a reamp-able performance from him on multiple songs, and i'm trying to figure it out. any suggestions/detailed idiot-proof instructions would be forever appreciated.

lifes_a_fallacy said:
i have a firepod (TRS output channel for each input), so for the channel to be REAMPED eventually, could I use one of the first two inputs, which are instrument preamps - or do i HAVE to use DI and go out from that to do my reamping channel at one of the line inputs, then do that backwards again (through the DI back into an amp, outboard unit, ect) to reamp eventually?
All reamping means is that you are taking a previously recorded direct or dry signal, playing it back through an instrument amp and re-recrrding the amped sound with a microphone to a new track.

That means recording your source (presumably a guitar or bass) direct to the instrument in or DI'd to a line in. Either way should work.

Then when you go to reamp, that means you'll be running line out out of your interface to a line in on your amp.

G.

Thanks!

and as a side note ... a large amount of my current USEFUL recording knowledge has been gained by reading ancient posts from you and the blue bear guy. i've actually frequented these message boards for three years, but only had to post maybe three times - mainly because every quetion i've ever asked, someone else already has, and one of you two had a good answer.

so thanks.

lifes_a_fallacy said:
Thanks!

and as a side note ... a large amount of my current USEFUL recording knowledge has been gained by reading ancient posts from you and the blue bear guy. i've actually frequented these message boards for three years, but only had to post maybe three times - mainly because every quetion i've ever asked, someone else already has, and one of you two had a good answer.

so thanks.
Life may be a fallacy, but I hope that response wasn't ;) :D.

Thanks for you kind words, and you're welcome. It's always nice to get that kind of feedback :). Hope your reamping works out OK for you.

G.

Back