Reamping issue

Hi guys. I have an issue with reamping.
Let me go through my signal chain:

Guitar>Presonus Firestudio Hi Z in (no need for DI box)>Sonar
I play on Guitar Rig etc like this all the time just fine. I have a good input level just below 0dB and Guitar Rig receives a nice powerful signal for heavy metal.

I am then outputting to one of the line outs on the back of the Presonus, using a mono bus in Sonar.
I have done a test, running this signal straight back into the Presonus. The level is the same as the original guitar input, as desired.

I am using a Radial XAmp active reamp. I plug the output into the reamp and then into my guitar head, and it sounds like my guitars volume knob is turned down.

I did another test, running the output of the Radial XAmp into another one of the HiZ inputs on the Presonus. It is significantly quieter than the original guitar signal, when it should be the same.

Why can I not get a strong enough signal from my Reamp box? I can't get the Clip light on it to flash nomatter how hard I try. The level on the box is all the way up.

My signal in Sonar is already just below 0dB. I tried pushing it into clipping just to see if it works, but putting the bus fader +6dB and using a brick wall limiter all the way up still was not loud enough.

Thanks for any help!

P.S.
I also tried using the reamp box to go straight into the FX Return on my guitar head, using the laptop with Guitar Rig for distortion and FX, and just using the heads poweramp and my cab. It sounded great, but I'm guessing there was level loss there too.
Should I be using a reamp box to go into the FX return or just run the line level signal straight in?

I also have the radial xamp. I use the xamp with good results with a signal far below 0db sometimes. And i never adjust the level on the xamp more than 2 o'clock. Maybe u have a bad xamp. That would suck. Sorry i can't help you more.

Have you tried turning up the volume control on the x-amp? I have an x-amp and it is perfect. I am sure you worked that out over the last 2 years.

Back