Reality - Alt. Rock Song - Critique Welcome

jonlint

Hi all,

Working on an Alternative Rock song idea. Here is the complete initial mix draft. Feedback welcome on what I have so far:

Reality Rev3 by Jonathan Linton 4 | Free Listening on SoundCloud

REALITY
(Words by Jonathan Linton, Music by Jonathan Linton)

You’re mystified
Why they can’t see
Your point of view
Your reality

You’re blinded by
What you can see
You see right through
Their reality

Time to change
Your perception range
Perception……….
Is reality

Should wake you up
When nobody
Listens to you
Your philosophy

Open your eyes
And you will see
What others think
Their reality

Time to change
Your perception range
Perception……….
Is reality

SOLO

Time to change
Your perception range
Perception……….
Is reality

It's a good tune. But your loudness maximizer is too much even for me. And I can't be trusted with such power. Vocals are good. Nice groove, retro vibe

Yeah I got 5 seconds in and had to turn it off due to poor volume/limiting. If you fix that, upload it again, and I'll take a listen! I like alt rock, but I like my ear drums more.

I'm listening in headphones and everything sounds good to my less discerning ears.

I really like this.. and your style. You put down a deep groove and lay a neat little melody on top with good vocals.
I think your phrasing of the lyrics fits nicely with the melody and the groove. That chuging rhythm guitar reminds me
of Mark Farner in Grand Funk Railroad circa '70.

I think you did a great job. Mostly I'm just grooving to the track. The guitar solo was pretty basic, and that's fine, but there were a couple of notes that rang just a little sour in my ears. I'm a guitar guy, so take it with a grain of salt, i guess.

Back