re-track and re-mix

kjam22

Here's one that I worked on Saturday. Re-tracked a couple of guitars.... Added a new one at the end.. and remixed the whole thing. I mixed on this all day Saturday and I don't know... that's just not my talent.

Anyway.... ideas, suggestions, and complaints are welcome. Song is called "Heaven Flashing". Warning: Some of you will be reminded of Dylan. :)

The link is.... http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=2124&alid=-1

Thanks guys!

kjam,

Nice track! The instrumentation was very full on this one. Lots of different colours of sounds to keep it interesting though the five minutes plus.

Mix wise, you have a pretty good balance of all the instruments but there is a bit of grittiness to the overall mix. I suspect this is due to the mp3 encoding which does horrible things to the hard work that many of us put into our music here.

The vocals were a little on the wet side. Ok! they were drowning in verb! Think about maybe cutting that back a bit and adding a bit of bottom end to your vocal.

You have a good voice and you know how to sing in key and with good emotional output so, don't try to hide your voice so much.!

Otherwise, a very nice effort.

Cheers! :)

kinda steve earle'ish.........i listen to alot of stuff like this, and i'd like to here the tracks be a little drier....it just seems to have a bit to much verb for the style of music...........other than that, it sounds good man.......

I'm not into Christian rock, but I'll give it a whirl.

The mix is real nice, other than the 'verb issue that's already been mentioned. Everything's very well balanced.

I'm sorry, but that organ has to go. No offense, but it makes you sound like one of those cobbled-together bands that play at church socials and stuff (believe me, I know -- I was in one and heard a hundred others). The harmonica's nice. Real country flavor in the interlude. The guitar needs to come up a bit there, imho.

Nice work.

Ghost and Powderfinger..... thanks for the compliments. I think I agree with you on the reverb. Just worked it with less and it is better.

Piltdown..... thanks for the mix compliments. Sorry about the organ. I like that old B-3 sound :)

Appreciate it guys.

Back