Re-setting Sonar-s VST plugin directory

Paul881

Look Mom, I can play!
Question: I was having some problems installing Atmosphere and when Sonar couldn't find it, Sonar asked me if i wanted to delete reference to it from its schedule/memory/register. Stupidly, I checked "yes".

So now, with Atmosphere nicely installed correctly, no matter how I run the vst wrapper, Sonar refuses to acknowledge that Atmosphere exists. Saving a fresh install of Sonar as a last resort, can anyone assist with a suggestion as to how I can instruct Sonar to refresh its memory so it can see my new Vsti?

Under Start Menu -> Programs -> CakeWalk VST Adapter 4 open CakeWalk VST Adapter 4

That will give you the options to re-scan the VST directories.

fraserhutch said:
Under Start Menu -> Programs -> CakeWalk VST Adapter 4 open CakeWalk VST Adapter 4

That will give you the options to re-scan the VST directories.
Thanks, but thats not the problem - I can scan the Vst's on my computer okay and the wrapper "sees" all my Vsti's. The problem is that Sonar has removed all references to Atmoshere and I need to tell it to allow it.Probem is, how?

I guess what I'm not getting is when you say " Sonar has removed all references to Atmoshere".....

What is this atmospher?

Okay, fixed the problem :) Cakewalks distributor in the UK wasn't much help - told me the problem was most likely with Atmosphere and didn't know how to edit the registry in win xp.:rolleyes: (Fraserhutch, Atmosphere is a Vsti plug in from Spectrasonics ;) )

Anyway, I identified the Atmosphere plug in alpha numeric identifier from CAkewalks wrapper, ran regedit, surfed to HKEY_CURRENT_USER > CAkewalkMusic > Excluded plugins and then saw the registry entry alphanumeric that the wrapper had detailed. Deleted the line entry, re-ran the wrapper, booted HS2004 and hey Presto! Easy when you know how :cool: :D

Paul881 said:
Okay, fixed the problem :) Cakewalks distributor in the UK wasn't much help - told me the problem was most likely with Atmosphere and didn't know how to edit the registry in win xp.:rolleyes: (Fraserhutch, Atmosphere is a Vsti plug in from Spectrasonics ;) )

Anyway, I identified the Atmosphere plug in alpha numeric identifier from CAkewalks wrapper, ran regedit, surfed to HKEY_CURRENT_USER > CAkewalkMusic > Excluded plugins and then saw the registry entry alphanumeric that the wrapper had detailed. Deleted the line entry, re-ran the wrapper, booted HS2004 and hey Presto! Easy when you know how :cool: :D
Methinks the plugin manager would have done that for you without having to go into the Windows registry. :cool:

dachay2tnr said:
Methinks the plugin manager would have done that for you without having to go into the Windows registry. :cool:
Where does one find such a tool, O wise one? :)

Paul881 said:
Where does one find such a tool, O wise one? :)
For Sonar 2.0 and earlier, it was a separate program you had to download. Here is the link: http://www.cakewalk.com/download/pim.asp

In Sonar 3.0, I think it came bundled with the software. Anyway, it shows up on the Tools menu of my copy of S3.

Not sure about S4.0.

Note to fraserhutch: you were referring to the VST adapter. That is not the same thing as the plug-in manager. The plug-in manager (which works for DX and VST) allows you to determine which plug-ins show up in Sonar, and helps you decide how you want to organize them.

dachay2tnr said:
For Sonar 2.0 and earlier, it was a separate program you had to download. Here is the link: http://www.cakewalk.com/download/pim.asp

In Sonar 3.0, I think it came bundled with the software. Anyway, it shows up on the Tools menu of my copy of S3.

Not sure about S4.0.

Note to fraserhutch: you were referring to the VST adapter. That is not the same thing as the plug-in manager. The plug-in manager (which works for DX and VST) allows you to determine which plug-ins show up in Sonar, and helps you decide how you want to organize them.

I'm not at home now, but that is how I install my plugins. Is there another applet in Sonar 4 that provides a better interface for doing this?

fraserhutch said:
I'm not at home now, but that is how I install my plugins. Is there another applet in Sonar 4 that provides a better interface for doing this?
That is how you install your VST plugins. It has nothing whatsoever to do with DX plugins.

However, regardless of that point, the plug-in manager is not an installer. It is a program that helps you manage the plugins you already have installed.

dachay2tnr said:
That is how you install your VST plugins. It has nothing whatsoever to do with DX plugins.

However, regardless of that point, the plug-in manager is not an installer. It is a program that helps you manage the plugins you already have installed.

ok ok ok I got that - I was asking which app it is, and how I launch it.

dachay2tnr said:

Not sure about S4.0.

Mike, many thanks for giving me the perfect excuse for an upgrade to Sonar 4. ;) :)

Studio version, on account that you persuaded me some years back to invest in wavelab and waves gold :eek:

Thinking about it, you have a lot to answer for :p

Anyway, its all quite academic because I only have HS2004 :o For now ;)

Hey Mike, how come you only got a rep power of 9, I have 6 and Big bear has 12 when there are massive differences in posting numbers.

So it must be based on quality of posts then :D

Paul881 said:
Anyway, its all quite academic because I only have HS2004 :o For now ;)
Try downloading the version for Sonar 2.0. It'll probably work in HS2004 - assuming they let you download it.

Paul881 said:
Hey Mike, how come you only got a rep power of 9, I have 6 and Big bear has 12 when there are massive differences in posting numbers.

So it must be based on quality of posts then
Well it's obviously not based on looks. Otherwise you'd still be looking for your first rep point. :p :p

Samantha C. said:
Where is the plugin manager in Sonar 4 Producer? :)

That's what I was asking. Folks here only seem to be interested in asserting that it is NOT the vst wrapper, lol. I don't know where it is.

Samantha C. said:
Where is the plugin manager in Sonar 4 Producer? :)
Download the version for 2.0. From what I gather, it will work in 3.0 and 4.0.

I was incorrect (a rarity indeed :) ) in my first post about it being bundled with 3.0. I'm pretty sure it is only available as a download.

dachay2tnr said:
Download the version for 2.0. From what I gather, it will work in 3.0 and 4.0.

I was incorrect (a rarity indeed :) ) in my first post about it being bundled with 3.0. I'm pretty sure it is only available as a download.

Ah, OK thanks

Back