re-installing pro-tools

thomaswomas

i'm thinking of giving my laptop a new year clean-up by totally wiping the hard drive and re-installing my os as it seems to be acting a little strange lately and slowing down.

so i was wondering how this would affect my pro tools and waves plug-ins etc. obviously i'd have to re-install all my software, and was just wondering if it's ok for me to do this, as you can only have your pro-tools running on one computer. will this clean install go down as me installing pro-tools on a second computer.

sorry if i come across as being very naive, but i wanna be 100% sure before i wipe my laptop.

thanks

I do a complete wipe once a year or so just to get things running good again. I'm pretty sure you should be OK reinstalling Pro-Tools again as long as its the same computer. I have done it about 4 times now and not had any issues. To wipe your HDD i suggest using a program called D.B.A.N. It's a great program made to completely wipe every HDD on your computer. This works way better than just doing a reformat with Windows. Keep in mind though that this program can sometimes take a while to complete. Here is a link to the web site. I have all my friends using it and they can't believe how fast their computer runs afterwards. Good luck.

There's absolutely nothing stopping you installing Pro Tools on as many machines as you wish.

There's no connection to a remote server for example to register your computer with.

As a result, you'll be absolutely fine installing Pro Tools again.

There's absolutely nothing stopping you installing Pro Tools on as many machines as you wish.

There's no connection to a remote server for example to register your computer with.

As a result, you'll be absolutely fine installing Pro Tools again.

+1

I have Pro Tools LE installed on my PC, laptop, and Mac all from the same disc. It won't be a problem.

Back