Re-amping set-up for MR-8?

vacumatic

I want to send a dry, recorded guitar from track 1 (for instance) though my POD, alter the signal and run it back into another track in the MR-8. What would I need to do to achieve this?

Not sure there is a way to do this with just the MR8. I just run guitar through my POD before recording in the first place.

Ed

I have tried that and I got nothing but feedback. Really beautiful feedback, but NOT what I was looking for.

Last edited:
Looping like that through the headphone jack won't work, since the track you are recording also goes to the headphone out, causing your feedback.

Might be able to pan the first track hard left, and the recorded track hard right, and use a mono cable from the headphone jack (or one of the line outs) so that the track being recorded is not sending a signal to the line it is recording from.

On second thought, you could just copy the original track to a PC and play the wav back from you sound card output, through the POD, and back into the MR-8. If you use a tempo map, you could also use MIDI sych (and play the wav back through something like cakewalk that will synch with the MR-8) to keep the new track (from the POD) in sync with the rest of the tune.

Wouldn't it work through headphones if you turned the monitor level on the tracks down? I mean, those faders control monitoring -- not recording volume.

Back